• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isn't Saurav Ganguly such a lovable character ?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Link doesn't work for me.
The link was to a specific old cricketweb article I wrote a couple of years ago - an excerpt from the now defunct 'Devil Duckys Diary'. Strangely enough, it works for me. Probably still got the old page cached.

Go to CW's front page, click 'news archive', scroll down to the bit where it says 'older archived news....' and click that link. Scrol down again to the section on DD's weekly column, then click November 2003, then click 'Ponting boring - official' and then scroll down.

Sorry it's a lot of work.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sanz said:
Didn't you say that India and Pakistan are similar and it had something to do with our 'Tehzeeb' ? ;)
Which has nothing to do with comparing England and India.

I will, but dont pass your belief as a 'FACT', because IMO it simply isn't.
It is a fact that India and Pakistan are similar.

But this is a pointless discussion, and I think you will agree with me here.

The word similar would mean similar on what grounds. What you feel are needed to be similar may vary very much from what I believe.

The paramaters I see, and many people who have visited there and what I have read in books, my parameters are fulfilled.

So it is better to say it is a fact based on my parameters. You are free to believe what you want based on your parameters.

Any way, as I said neither you nor I want this pointless discussion.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
Balti is Punjabi for bucket.
Thanks.

There's nothing so strange as language. For instance, the ancient Anglo-Saxon word 'Rikkiclarke' literally means 'Huge Spot'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Thanks.

There's nothing so strange as language. For instance, the ancient Anglo-Saxon word 'Rikkiclarke' literally means 'Huge Spot'
And the word balti is used in many North indian Indian restaurants to name dishes like "balti chicken" "balti mutton" etc.

This is invariably served in a miniature metal bucket. I dont know if it is also cooked in one.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Sorry it's a lot of work.
Thanks Eddie !! It worked this time. I must have been doing something wrong first time.

Funny article, with my IQ it took a while for me to understand why the Dzinn turned Inzi into Ricki Clark, but after I figured it out, It was so damn funny.

All bow to the greatest cricketer in the world 'Ricky Clark'. :lol::lol:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
And the word balti is used in many North indian Indian restaurants to name dishes like "balti chicken" "balti mutton" etc.

This is invariably served in a miniature metal bucket. I dont know if it is also cooked in one.
I bought Mrs Luckyeddie some balti dishes a couple of years ago. They're brilliant when you're chasing the last bits of sauce around the dish with a bit of naan bread.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
I bought Mrs Luckyeddie some balti dishes a couple of years ago. They're brilliant when you're chasing the last bits of sauce around the dish with a bit of naan bread.
Wonderful.

Go to an Indian restaurant, have some tasty food, get fat and let the duck have some food too.

Get the poor duck out of the cupboard will ya! :angry:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Wonderful.

Go to an Indian restaurant, have some tasty food, get fat and let the duck have some food too.

Get the poor duck out of the cupboard will ya! :angry:

What a great idea.

(shouts) Mrs LE, fancy duck balti for tea?