• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the Worst International players U've seen?

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
there's always a debate as to who is the Best Test or ODI player....so here's something a little different...

Who do u think are the Worst/least talented Players to have represented their countries in Tests/Odi's??

Lets keep the selections restricted to the 10 test playing nations only!

NB: this thread was inspired by something i read at Cricinfo.com about Khaled Mahmud

"Khaled Mahmud was arguably one of the least talented cricketers ever to captain his country................... But it was during this period that his Test bowling average briefly ballooned above 400 - the worst mark of all time. As Bangladesh's run of failures continued, Mahmud became the target for a hostile crowd, particularly during his final series in charge"

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah Mahmud would probably be about the worst.

in terms of playing for Australia Scott Muller cant bowl and he cant throw?

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i somehiow think u are being too harsh on Mahmud...he might be the least talented captain though....averaged 12 with the bat & 64 with the ball in tests!!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geraint is definitely one of the worst keepers that Ive seen play for one of the major countries although his batting isnt bad.

Mike Brierley was an abysmal batsman.

Some of the Aussies in the mid-80s and whilst WSC players were banned were just as horrible e.g. David Ogilvy

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Brian Murphy and Blessing Mahwire dont deserve to get anywhere near this thread.

Waddington Mwayenga takes the cake for me.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
most of the Bangladeshie's were pretty bad, but looking at the major countries blokes like Scott Mueller, Rikki Clarke, Dave Joseph, Shiv Sunder Das, Mohanty, Adrain Griffith, ed giddins are some of the worst's i've seen in the time i've been watching cricket...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
If you're talking about how bad they were when they played international cricket, and ignoring any improvement since, then there's a few in county cricket at the moment:

Ian Ward
Usman Afzaal
Ryan Sidebottom
Owais Shah
Rikki Clarke
Jim Troughton
Darren Maddy
Ed Smith
Jimmy Ormond

To name but a few. It's not even worth counting the Bangladeshis and Zimbabweans - these days most of them are worse than players who are just breaking into county sides, let alone international teams.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably Wayne Phillips for Australia. Patterson Thompson for the WI has to come into it too. He was quick, though.