• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was it the right decision to give Dan Cullen a Cricket Australia contract?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I rate Cullen, and think hes a VERY promising prospect. But I definitely think this was the wrong move, it may work, but that wouldn't necessarily make it a good decision. This can often 'harm' the player by putting extra pressure on them. If he had played 2-3 seasons then maybe it would have been a good move.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
social said:
True but having seen him bowl for the first time recently, it appears he needs heaps of work on his action - more time than not, he is past the perpendicular
. Yeah, I thought that too. But the thing was that he works really well with that - trying to pitch the ball well outside off and turn it into off, or just outside. He makes you play against the spin, or right across the line because of the good rip, and "in drift" as such, plus the huge drop he gets.

What makes him different may well make him better. The thing about spin bowling is that it isn't as regimented in its methods as pace bowling - unorthodox methods can be beneficial.