• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick Your Best All time ODI Team

Eclipse

International Debutant
tooextracool[B said:
]nope believe it or not hes actually played much more sensibly in test match cricket than he has in ODI cricket[/B]. AFAIC, flower and lara have shown far more responsibilility for their team than gilchrist has, and i cant see any reason why they should be considered inferior to gilchrist because of that.
yeah but it's test cricket.. he still plays his own game though.

it maybe true that flower and Lara have shown more responsibility for there team so to speak but the amount of times gilly has come in with australia in trouble and attacked and bought the game back in australia's favour makes up for it.. infact he would be less succsessfull trying to play any other way, It's his game to attack and he plays his best cricket doing so.. he knows he is not the type of player who can deffend all day to save a match or whatever.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My team

Jayasuryia
Greenidge
Gilchrist
Lara
Richards
Bevan
Sobers
Flintoff
Hadlee
Warne
Garner

12th man Pratt

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
grecian said:
My team

Jayasuryia
Greenidge
Gilchrist
Lara
Richards
Bevan
Sobers
Flintoff
Hadlee
Warne
Garner

12th man Pratt
Not a bad side.....although I'd have Rhodes as 12man ahead of Pratt

Hodgo7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Flintoff (note: atm I wouldn't select him, but come the end of his career he will be an absolute all-time great)

Well don't pick him. Thats like me saying Michael Clarke. Not great at the moment but will end up as one of the best one-day batsmen. He might struggle and get nothing.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
My All time XI

Sachin
Gilchrist
Arvind DeSilva
Lara
Richards
Dravid
Flintoff
W Akram
C Ambrose
G Mcgrath
M Muralitharan

tooextracool

International Coach
Eclipse said:
yeah but it's test cricket.. he still plays his own game though.

it maybe true that flower and Lara have shown more responsibility for there team so to speak but the amount of times gilly has come in with australia in trouble and attacked and bought the game back in australia's favour makes up for it.. infact he would be less succsessfull trying to play any other way, It's his game to attack and he plays his best cricket doing so.. he knows he is not the type of player who can deffend all day to save a match or whatever.
i'd think that lara and flower have had to do it a lot more often, seeing as how almost everytime the 2 of them came to the crease their sides were invariably in trouble(or would be if they were dismissed). nonetheless as stated earlier, having Flower for gilchrist makes the side more balanced.

Eclipse

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
i'd think that lara and flower have had to do it a lot more often, seeing as how almost everytime the 2 of them came to the crease their sides were invariably in trouble(or would be if they were dismissed). nonetheless as stated earlier, having Flower for gilchrist makes the side more balanced.
never the less Gilchrist's record in such situations is very good.. so I don't think he would have any reason to change his game even if he was put in situations like that more often.