• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Magical moments

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Magic moment.....jeez, theres plenty of them.

But after watching a DVD of the World Cup 99....Shane Warne's spell during the Semi-Final vs South Africa......To come on and take 3 quick wickets after the pacers were pounded for 48 in 12 overs, only chasing 214....magic alright!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some more magical moments

Miandad Jumping like a kangaroo infuriated by More in 1992 World Cup.

Langeveldt finishing off that one dayer vs Windies.

Flintoff licking a ball which flew into a beer glass some one was holding in the crowd.

Gilchrist walking.

Full Eden Gardens for the womens world cup final - full of women (women had entry free) some years ago.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I particularly liked Sean Ervine's hundred against India in the VB series. I dont really know why, but I got that "magical" feel about that innings.

Craig

World Traveller
See Neil McKenzie at the Telstra Dome in 2000 when he went and attempt to slide but didn't and lost his pants, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that. That and his rituals when he is getting ready to bat and is batting.

Seeing Glenn McGrath get a Test 50. Come on, McGrath does not get a half century - but he did.

Deja moo

International Captain
Tendulkar hitting a six, today :D Glad to see hes abandoned that anchor-of-the-innings approach.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Nathan Astle hitting a six at Jade Stadium to win the 2001-2 one-day series with England 3-2, Astle finishing on 122 not out. It went over the roof. The crowd and Martin Crowe were beside themselves.

So was I :D

I'm sure there are many, many more.

Deja moo

International Captain
Pratyush said:
missing a tune?

nah, seriously, I dont care if Sachin over the course of the next season goes on to spectacularly prove me wrong, as long as he does.. :D

Toecrusher

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The scene: India vs Pakistan, WC 2003, Centurion Park
The bowler: Wasim Akram
The batsman: Sachin Tendulkar
The moment: THAT back foot cover drive.

I just sat dumbfounded in astonishment. The single most beautiful cricket shot I have ever seen.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
The two SA v Aus games in the 1999 world cup.

I was playing a game at Middlesex's home ground.....forgot the name (not Lords, the other one) and I spent the whole of my sides innings watching Steve Waugh's 120 on telly. Fortunately didn't have to bat.

I have a terrible memory but I'll never forget that slog sweep off Elworthy

And not to mention the semi final with the Klusener runout to tie the match.

Was also at the SCG to see Bevo hit that 4 off Carl Hooper to win the match. All my mates left when Aus were 6-30 odd.

On a personal note - triple hattrick ie. 5 wickets in 5 balls - not meaning to blow my own trumpet or anything

Last edited:

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
AndrewM said:
Nathan Astle hitting a six at Jade Stadium to win the 2001-2 one-day series with England 3-2, Astle finishing on 122 not out. It went over the roof. The crowd and Martin Crowe were beside themselves.

So was I :D

I'm sure there are many, many more.
That was at Carisbrook, off Flintoff. Great innings. I'll always remember that.

Craig

World Traveller
Other magical moments is Canada's win over Bangladesh at the 2003 WC and John Davison going bonkers with the bat against the West Indies and Drakes catch that ended Davison's innings. That was a special knock and I will never forget it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not that it`s the right place...

After church finished, in excess of 200 people went out the back to watch THAT test. The whole time, watching Lee and Kasper bat, I kept saying "We won`t win it, we won`t win it..." And then Kasper got out. And I still felt like crap.

I honestly STILL can get my head `round the fact that England won the Ashes. Still. I look at the two teams and still can`t get it. It hurts!

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Other magical moments is Canada's win over Bangladesh at the 2003 WC and John Davison going bonkers with the bat against the West Indies and Drakes catch that ended Davison's innings. That was a special knock and I will never forget it.
Agreed with Davison and the catch, but what was magical about Canada beating Bangladesh?