Thread: I want to try and help Shoaib Akhtar:Bob Woolmer

I want to try and help Shoaib Akhtar:Bob Woolmer

In cricket, not many relationships have held more intrigue than that between the Pakistan team and Bob Woolmer. Almost 18 months, some indifferent Test results, some consistent ODI performances and the usual dose of Pakistan-specific shenanigans behind him, Woolmer talks to a website about what he has achieved, what he wants to achieve, England and, of course, Shoaib Akhtar.

Read the Interview

I reckon he answered the Akhtar and England questions very well. Akhtar should know that he's not going to be able to bowl at his pace for the rest of his career, and if he wants to be anywhere near as quick as he is than he needs to be much fitter. He's one of my favourite bowlers so I hope he's fit and selected for the England tour.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Yeah, it is a pity that a bowler like Akthar has basically no brains. If he really did then he would have been the no. 1 bowler for last 5 years, with additional 200 test wickets and many more match winning performances.

Thread Information