• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The avatar challenge

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
When England won the Ashes, a lot of people had to put a lot of strange things in their avatars.

Now its your chance to do the same!

Claim some thing will never happen. Else you put some thing as your avatar.

Posters whose avatars have not changed for quite some time:

Neil
Marc
Samuel vimes
Richard
Age master
TEC
NNanden
Faaip
Tim
Halsey
Sudeep
Andy - Mr. Pineapple
Deja moo - Mr. Tf

These are of course just some of the names.

Samuel Vimes has already made himself an avatar challenge http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=624985&postcount=224

Will you?

Some forthcoming series which may give you the feelings of putting up avatar challenges:

England in Pakistan
New Zealand in South Africa
Sri Lanka in India

Barney Rubble

International Coach
If England lose a Test in Pakistan, I'll let the rest of the board choose which Pakistan player I have in my avatar for the proceeding month.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
if england go the series without one player getting a ton (england player that is) then il make my avatar liam gallacher for a month.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
aussie said:
i second that for myself as well.....
I will stick with aussie as well,While Australia remain number 1 in both forms of the game,then my avatar stays. We earned it ,so we deserve it.

:nono: :banned:

Last edited:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
aussie said:
i second that for myself as well.....
Hey Aussie,there was a debate last night on radio about ,Why are small players the cream of cricket and only great bowlers(fast) are tall,
They mentioned Tendulkar,Ponting,Lara,Border,Bradman,Gavaskar,Warne ,Marulli, just to name a few. They come to the conclusion that the height of these and others has a lot to do with the success,however they said they believe a perfect build for cricket is around Viv Richards,Graham,Pollock,Garry sobers height,But hey were really struggling to find a great tall,that excelled with the bat,they come up with Clive Lloyd,can you think of another great tall to challenge these pip sqeeks.\
Must be something oin it though as the small players seem to be the ones that hold all the records?

:toot:

Natman20

International Debutant
I will change mine to Crazy Frog. How annoying! For one month if NZ lose ODI series against SAF

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Neil will ever change his avatar, because once he does, he can never change it back.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If NZ lose the ODI series vs South Africa then I'll do the same as Barney - I'll let someone choose which South African player to be my avatar...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Adamc said:
I don't think Neil will ever change his avatar, because once he does, he can never change it back.
I'd imagine that with his role in the site he could persuade James to let him change it...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i changed my avatar about 12 months ago, it was the same before that since the beginning

if the West Indies beat Australia though, i shall have Brian Lara as my Avatar for a while

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I change mine all the time (I get bored easily), but here's one: if England lose the test series in Pakistan I'll have Robbie C. Williams as my avatar for a month.

PY

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I change mine all the time (I get bored easily), but here's one: if England lose the test series in Pakistan I'll have Robbie C. Williams as my avatar for a month.
:laugh:

I was going to suggest maybe Queen's Greatest Hits album cover for you mate. :D

So many pet hates. :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
You see, I could change it, but then...

...nah!
True Nathan. Sometimes I am inclined to change it, but I fear that it's the only way people here really know me so I figure it's better not to change it :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Maybe

Shoaib should put his avatar on the line on Pakistan winning vs England

Gladiator should put it against it ;)

Linda should on some Martyn thingy

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
If Michael Clarke ever hits another Test hundred, i'll have him as my avatar for a month onwards of the Ton. I might not post again for that month, as i wouldn't be able to stand seeing it there, but i will do it.