• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The avatar challenge

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Still bowled well though, luckless on the flattest pitches since time began. 32 is definitely fair. I made the bet because i thought Watson's bowling a lot better than most of the forum did, and i think he did enough to justify that.
Indeed. Reckon he deserved his 32 average TBH.

biased indian

International Coach
Well Watto came good in the end, finishing with a series bowling average of 32. Unfortunately, unless Oz pull one out of the bag tomorrow i'll have to give an avatar to ret on India's series victory.

Now i just have to think of something for biased indian :happy:
Won the Clarke vs Dravid avatar challenge against biased indian, will find something tomorrow.
How unlucky one can get..was thinking india will declerar when harbhajan got out would have saved me that

and clarke only outscored dravid in one inngs and he got 3-4 chances in that inngs

and in the current one he is already got one...any way guys will put it up in the order you put it here...but only wil take it up form next monday 17/nov once i have one week of ganguly hope both of you wont mind

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How unlucky one can get..was thinking india will declerar when harbhajan got out would have saved me that

and clarke only outscored dravid in one inngs and he got 3-4 chances in that inngs

and in the current one he is already got one...any way guys will put it up in the order you put it here...but only wil take it up form next monday 17/nov once i have one week of ganguly hope both of you wont mind
Behold, your new avatar:

Attachments

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you take out most people's best batting or best bowling they get worse, by the way. :p
You should meet Rusty.
Haha, lovely post that.
Unsurprisingly, it was a reply to Richard's infamous analysis of MacGill's Test career.
That post is obviously a nonsensical one - it's rather obvious that if you take out the best of everything, things get worse. The point is that for a good long-term performance (be it a series or 5 or 6 series') you can remove the best bits and the result is merely not-that-great. As opposed to a few good bits making something that for the most part is utterly woeful look OK.

MacGill's Test career is altogether totally different. Apart from games that don't merit Test status, I don't actually advocate deducting anything (and that's the same for every player, ever). I simply say that the bad vastly outnumbers the good in MacGill's Test career, but the good tended to be so good that it's disguised how bad - and often - the bad was.