• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The avatar challenge

biased indian

International Coach
That's extremely tempting, and much as I'm disgusted at the idea of Brett Lee being made to look better than Murali, circumstances being what they have been so far I can't shake the feeling it's likely.

First tabs on this bet and only if I decide to turn it down can someone else leap in there.
so r u taking that.... other wise i am willing to take up that

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, have come to my senses TBH. I genuinely believe there's a decent chance, rather than merely hope, that class will out. You have it.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm willing to wager that MS Dhoni will not pass fifty in the test series this summer. If he does, I'll change my picture to anything anyone suggests until March.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's very risky. Not - yet - tempted, will wait to see him against Pakistan first. I'd happily wager (not that I am mind) that he'd average under 30, but not passing 50 in 8 (probably) innings? That's a big ask for someone who knows one end of a bat from the other.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dhoni's two longest droughts have been 11 innings without a 50 (47 though) and one of 5 innings.

He has batted in both innings in 12 of his 20 matches.

So should roughly play 6-7 innings.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
That's very risky. Not - yet - tempted, will wait to see him against Pakistan first. I'd happily wager (not that I am mind) that he'd average under 30, but not passing 50 in 8 (probably) innings? That's a big ask for someone who knows one end of a bat from the other.
I don't rate Dhoni as far as I can throw him - I don't see him succeeding against the best attack in the world.

Dhoni's two longest droughts have been 11 innings without a 50 (47 though) and one of 5 innings.

He has batted in both innings in 12 of his 20 matches.

So should roughly play 6-7 innings.
I'm also willing to say that if he plays every test he'll play eight innings as India fail to even go close to winning a test. I don't see anyone outside of Dravid and possibly Tendulkar troubling the Aussie bowlers.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's extremely tempting, and much as I'm disgusted at the idea of Brett Lee being made to look better than Murali, circumstances being what they have been so far I can't shake the feeling it's likely.

First tabs on this bet and only if I decide to turn it down can someone else leap in there.
Err, you either accept it or you don't. No tentatively accepting bets.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH, wouldn't think any less of him if he kept the pineapple. Would think more of him, actually. Hopefully this endorsment sees the pineapple stay in its rightful place. :cool:
Haha nah, I'll take the hit. I deserve it for being so stupid.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, I already broke it last year with the CB series, had that picture of Jack with his massive afro after England actually did something useful

Edit: Doesn't stop me from feeling dirty though. NFI who it is, btw.

Last edited: