• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The avatar challenge

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Time for the rest of the board to decide!
Bugger, I was hoping this would get forgotten! :-O

If someone finds me an appropriately-sized photo of Shoaib's chicken thingy, I'll stick it in my avatar straightaway. It'll stay there until the Test series finishes, that's roughly a month after the prediction was proven false.

Last edited:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:

If someone finds me an appropriately-sized photo of Shoaib's chicken thingy, I'll stick it in my avatar straightaway. It'll stay there until the Test series finishes, that's roughly a month after the prediction was proven false.
Can't find one of the chicken dance, will this do instead?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pedro Delgado said:
That's a bit unfair, at least Shoaib is good at the sport he plays

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thanks for reminding me. :) And I will change my avatar to the MOM of the next game if India square the series against RSA. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
That's just mean. :sadwalk:

And how do I get an image down to a small enough size to stick it in my avatar? Always have trouble with that, can never work it out.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
That's just mean. :sadwalk:

And how do I get an image down to a small enough size to stick it in my avatar? Always have trouble with that, can never work it out.
I just use paint, but photoshop or something similar would probably be much better.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
The Baconator said:
I just use paint, but photoshop or something similar would probably be much better.
How do you do it in paint? I try just making it smaller, but it always tells me there's too many pixels and that the image must be no larger than 100x100.

Scaly piscine

Barney Rubble said:
How do you do it in paint? I try just making it smaller, but it always tells me there's too many pixels and that the image must be no larger than 100x100.
In the Stretch/Skew put in 60 for horizontal and vertical, that'll keep the proportions the same and will get it inside the 100x100.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
I just fiddle about with stretch/skew in Paint until the attributes are down to 100 x 100. There's probably an easier way but I've never found one.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
In the Stretch/Skew put in 60 for horizontal and vertical, that'll keep the proportions the same and will get it inside the 100x100.
Ah, you got there before me old cake.

Scaly piscine

Pedro Delgado said:
I just fiddle about with stretch/skew in Paint until the attributes are down to 100 x 100. There's probably an easier way but I've never found one.
In this example you would do 100/150 (the picture is 150 across, 100 is the size you want it) = 66.6666666, so you'd put 67 (it doesn't accept decimals, so you still might end up doing multiple stretch/skews) in the horizontal bit and it'll shrink it to 100 or 101 across.

PY

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:

I believe the challenge was to have it as your avatar for a month rather than the challenge being concluded a month from the event finishing. :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
PY said:
I believe the challenge was to have it as your avatar for a month rather than the challenge being concluded a month from the event finishing. :p
Alright then, the avatar comes down on Christmas Day (not that I'll be online then) as that's a month from now. :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
If Yorkshire beat Lancashire in a FC match next season, i'll have Geoff Boycott as my avatar until the end ofthe domestic season

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
sledger said:
if england go the series without one player getting a ton (england player that is) then il make my avatar liam gallacher for a month.
well, thanks ian bell and treso and KP, spared me from a terrible fate.

Natman20

International Debutant
If Australia lose the series against New Zealand I will change my avatar to a sumo in a tutu for a month which starts once my crazy frog promise is up.