• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The avatar challenge

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The challenge here is:

Me and Geg will pick a tail-ender each (Kumble, Panesar, you get the jist) on a test by test basis that we think will top score in each test.
E.g. If i choose Kumble and he hits 51 runs in the test and Geg's chooses Hoggard who hits 23, then i win the first rubber out of the 3. Whoever wins the best of 3, chooses an avatar for the other for a month.
Very imaginative, I like that idea.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
FTR, Matteh won a snooker match so gets to choose first, and he chose Kumble. I took a gamble that Broad (if he plays) will outscore Kumble. If not, Sidebottom.

It's been agreed we have to choose someone from the opposing side.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well on current evidence it's highly unlikely any of England's bowlers will play the full series. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If either one doesn't achieve it you can pick my avatar for a month after Mitchell's done with it, if I lose the challenge I'm having with him.

Maybe even a sig change could be thought up...
:blink: So unless both Bell and Collingwood get 300 you're willing to change avatar?

As I say, though, I'm not willing to bet purely on scorebook with Collingwood, he's had too much good fortune in his career so far to make accurate prediction remotely possible.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Gelman and I have a challenge btw. If the series ends 0-0, Gelman changes my avatar for 2 weeks. Else, I change his for 2 weeks.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, no, I just think there's a definate possibility they might.

Whereas mostly in a 3-Test series at the current time it'd be likely that there'd be a result.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
:blink: So unless both Bell and Collingwood get 300 you're willing to change avatar?

As I say, though, I'm not willing to bet purely on scorebook with Collingwood, he's had too much good fortune in his career so far to make accurate prediction remotely possible.
Yeah orright, both of them.