Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Duncan Fletcher Blasts Australia

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Have players like Lara, Sachin, McGrath and Warne done so yet?
    Lara and Warne.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    I have Allan Border's autobiography........... from 1985..............

It's not a new thing for players to do so, as idiotic a practice as it is. Ricky Ponting had one about a year after he played his first Test.

Jono, There are some books on SRT but no auto-biography yet. Where is the time for this guy ? Made his debut @ 16 and has played 100+ tests and close to 350 ODIs, numerous First class games, county cricket, endorsments, marriage, honeymoon, two kids, restaurant, captaincy(twice)....This dude has done it all in last 16 years. But it would be an interesting read, if he decides to write one and I will definately buy it.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Jono, There are some books on SRT but no auto-biography yet. Where is the time for this guy ? Made his debut @ 16 and has played 100+ tests and close to 350 ODIs, numerous First class games, county cricket, endorsments, marriage, honeymoon, two kids, restaurant, captaincy(twice)....This dude has done it all in last 16 years. But it would be an interesting read, if he decides to write one and I will definately buy it.
    He's too modest to write a book about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Haven't got your copy yet, Sanz?

I understand it covers sports other than cricket too. There's a pretty good bit in it about shooting in India.
    I was going to buy one, but all the juicy stories it had was already in the media. so decide against buying it.

Im wading through Tugga Waugh's book at present. Im up to the sixth chapter. He's a good writer, but it's the things he writes about in the book that are a little boring so far. For instance, he's going through every Test series that he played in, and often it's rather detailed. Bit like reading a string of match bulletins, with some analysis thrown in.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    The first Tendulkar book I would recommend would be The making of a cricketer By brother Ajit. It covers Tendulkar from a kid till a he plays his first test match.

There have been other books but I have not been bothered to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Yeah I have a few of his biographies, they're very good reads but it'd be great to read the story of his life from his perspective. If he ever releases an autobiography, I'll be one of the first there in the stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    He's too modest to write a book about himself.
    Yep true, hopefully he does release one though,
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Fair play with most of them. The one that I think he over-emhpasised was Gilchrist's "We're due a bad decision here soon, boys" comment. That's week-in, week-out sort of thing.
    Nothing wrong with that.

All he did was speak the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    wait a go fletcher, now the next ashes series will be a war down under, cant wait

When was it NOT going to be?!

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    The behaviour of the Australians on the recent Ashes tour was disgraceful, when they got a bad decision they're true character was there for all to see, and that's been the way for the past decade with the Aussies. I actually used to support Australia even through most of Mark Taylor's captaincy but once i started to hear words such as "mental disintegration" enter players vocabulary and of their abusive sledging and other intimidation tactics i stopped following them. As a cricket fan i wanted my country to become the best by winning the battle of the bat and ball not by using stand-over tactics to gain world domination. Unfortunately Australia will be remembered for ushering in this ugly new era of cricket and their victories against sub standard teams who have struggled to come to grips with the way cricket is played these days.

Banned
    Why doesn't Fletcher coach his own country?

U19 Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahid_Afridi_6
    Why doesn't Fletcher coach his own country?
    Who on earth would want that job with the way Zim's game is getting out of control?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_M
    The behaviour of the Australians on the recent Ashes tour was disgraceful, when they got a bad decision they're true character was there for all to see, and that's been the way for the past decade with the Aussies. I actually used to support Australia even through most of Mark Taylor's captaincy but once i started to hear words such as "mental disintegration" enter players vocabulary and of their abusive sledging and other intimidation tactics i stopped following them. As a cricket fan i wanted my country to become the best by winning the battle of the bat and ball not by using stand-over tactics to gain world domination. Unfortunately Australia will be remembered for ushering in this ugly new era of cricket and their victories against sub standard teams who have struggled to come to grips with the way cricket is played these days.
    If you've played cricket you've faced some form of sledging. If you've play most codes of Rugby you will have been sledged a dozen times a game. Mental domination is important in all sports as much as physical domination...I suggest to you that maybe cricket isn't for you...it may have been a gentlemans game once, but in the modern professional game things have change. Maybe for the worse, maybe not.

The great Windies sides of the late 70's and 80's were not above using mental domination and I don't hear anyone criticising them.
    So THAT was your mystery ball?

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_M
    I very much doubt it. Australia will be remember for great players like Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Steve Waugh, for winning 16 tests in a row, and for being a hard, competitive side that dominated world cricket like no team ever before them has. As has already been mentioned, the West Indies sides of the 70s and 80s were not saints either, but people remember them as great cricketers.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information