• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Something Very Strange

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That's strange. Maybe they forgot to put the covers out and they're playing on a sticky wicket?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I'm guessing that points have something to do with the declaration...perhaps they lose points if they're bowled out? Must be a shocking pitch as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Western Province have rallied a bit to 53/7! :D

I think the groundsman should have a serious word with himself....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'd say that they declared to get them in on the dodgy wicket before the curator had the chance to fix up his mistakes overnight.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Why did the Eastern Province skipper change the bowler who had 4 for 14 and they had Western on the mat at 6 for 30 or so ??

BoyBrumby

Englishman
vic_orthdox said:
I'd say that they declared to get them in on the dodgy wicket before the curator had the chance to fix up his mistakes overnight.
Yeah, I bet a number 11 could've wasted, oh, four, maybe five deliveries! :D

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
pitch getting better then ??

29.3 Mjekula to Munnik, FOUR, same area but all on the ground, his 50 on
the board
29.2 Mjekula to Munnik, SIX, this one carries all the way to the long on
boundary

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Yeah, I bet a number 11 could've wasted, oh, four, maybe five deliveries! :D
Played a game last year where it was a nightmare of a deck, and then 10 + 11 came out and just swung from their behinds and put on 40-odd and then put us in late in the day.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
honestbharani said:
what are the exact scores?
Too lazy to click a link, eh? ;)

Eastern Province 59-9d (Price 18 - de Stadler 4-17, Mahlombe 3-11) & 115-5 (Jeggels 39* - de Stadler 2-23) lead
Western Province 121 (Munnik 59* (66b) - Meyer 5-38) by 53 runs with five wickets remaining.

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
They're probably playing on a practice pitch or something. Usually Newlands isn't such a terrible batting wicket. If they were playing in PE, however, they would have more of an excuse. The wind was so strong here today that the weighted bails wouldn't even have a chance of staying on.

Anyway, I think the team does lose batting points if they're bowled out. But when you're on that sort of score I'd assume you'd want all the runs you could get.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Samuel_Vimes said:
Too lazy to click a link, eh? ;)

Eastern Province 59-9d (Price 18 - de Stadler 4-17, Mahlombe 3-11) & 115-5 (Jeggels 39* - de Stadler 2-23) lead
Western Province 121 (Munnik 59* (66b) - Meyer 5-38) by 53 runs with five wickets remaining.
sorry, cricinfo wasn't working yesterday here.