• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uneasy Predictions

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
One of my big fears is that Simon Jones will have his career recked by injuries. He's had more than his fair share already & we've only just started to see the best of him.
yep i hope he does stay fit though, excellent bowler, i love watching swing bowling and he is a great exponent of it

Barney Rubble

International Coach
England will not find a quality spinner to replace Ashley Giles when he retires, probably after the 2009 Ashes at the very latest.

Steve Harmison will never again be the force he once was.

I will never get to watch Sachin Tendulkar bat live.

Australia will win the 2007 World Cup.

Michael Clarke will fail to fulfil his obvious potential.

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The difference of the standard of cricket played by Zimbabwe and BD and the rest of the test playing countries increasing even more in the next 4 years and the ICC turning a blind eye towards it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One of my big fears is that Simon Jones will have his career recked by injuries. He's had more than his fair share already & we've only just started to see the best of him.

Another big fear is that The Ashes are only on loan....
Sadly, you were right on the Jones prediction. He has started practising and hopefully he still has some good cricket left in him. Always liked him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well given that I was evidently absent at the time it's clearly completely pointless re-reading it... :happy:

cricman

International 12th Man
Bangladesh Won't win a Test Match in the next 3 years :( possibly even more, unless Zimbabwe get it's Test Status back

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby's SImon Jones prediction is depressingly true
Not to mention his Ashes one. :laugh:

Seriously, though, I had the exact same feelings. Anyone who opined "we're gonna go down and thrash 'em in 2006\07" was jumping the gun in the extreme.