• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worst batsman in world cricket?

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Used to be McGrath in my opinion but in the last couple of years he has come on immeasurably in that now he can actually hit the thing.

Poor old Murali is ordinary and so is MacGill. McGrath looks like Bradman compared to these 2.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
MacGill used to be decent. I think he just doesn't care about his batting anymore.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
MacGill and Murali can have a slog every so often.

Chris Martin is just horrible. Im sure even I could bat better than him out there. He was worse than McGrath even when McGrath was pathetic. Manjural Islam (the non-Rana version) was pretty awful as well.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Shaun Tait looked really really bad. And he has a FC 50 to his credit.

How he got that, I will never know. Must have been a 4th string bowling attack!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Craig said:
How about Nathan Bracken?
Bracken is actually semi-decent.

He wont get test fifties or anything, but hes not the complete rubbish class of players like Martin, Manjural, MacGill and Malinga.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
andyc said:
No way, the work Steve Waugh did with him has really paid off
Wasn't it after all the work Steve Waugh did that McGrath actually improved - not while Waugh was working on him :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd probably have to agree with everyone who's said Chris Martin. He's obviously let the whole "Coldplay" thing get in the way of his batting. :p

Fidel Edwards is pretty poo as well tho.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ian Bell :p

Nah, I'd say MacGill after seeing his hopeless performance against Flintoff (?). I've always loved seeing McGrath try to bat.