• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats Your Cricket Bat

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
I am getting a new criket bat soon and I am thinking of getting a gm maestro control or a grey nicolls longbow

What type of cricket bat do you guys have and do you like it??

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
A Kookaburra Diablo Rage.

It has a great pickup and is in its second season.

A good performer.

The handle colour is orange, which makes it even more exciting. Thats right.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, might be out of the price range of most on the forum but I have an MRF Conquerer (Steve Waugh signature). The first time I hit a ball with it, I played an uppish forward defence and watched as the ball sailed 70 metres.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
Well, might be out of the price range of most on the forum but I have an MRF Conquerer (Steve Waugh signature). The first time I hit a ball with it, I played an uppish forward defence and watched as the ball sailed 70 metres.
Lol nice. How much was it Top Cat?

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain

About 70 years apart -- 1930s & 2000s Gunn & Moore cricket bats

A cousin of mine gave me his Autograph model Gunn & Moore bat when he went into the RAF in 1939. I have used Gunn & Moore bats ever since -- partly out of brand loyalty, mostly because of their long standing reputation of high quality and excellent performance.

andyc

Wow, how old does that make you jamesicus (if you don't mind me asking, that is)
Welcome to CW, by the way

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
i just bought a kookaburra kahuna tornado (which they apparently dont have in england etc :S )

seems pretty good for the price (AU$330), still havent used it in a match though

for some reasons the kahuna's in England look different (albeit worse..)

i feel asif i bought the wrong bat though, im not quite sure ;)

i prefere the 'wacky looks' of the kookaburra beast :P

the 'newage' kookaburra bats all seem to have good pickups etc, they all feel really light for some reason... :cool:

Last edited:

andyc

jamesicus said:
76 years young -- thanks for the welcome, Andyc..
I think that means you officially edge out Luckyeddie and SJS as the oldest member of the forums, congratulations!

Out of curiosity, how does the older bat compare with the newer one?

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
andyc said:
.......... Out of curiosity, how does the older bat compare with the newer one?
Well, the new bat seems to miss a lot more balls than the older one used to for some strange reason :)

Actually the overall feel is about the same to me.

Last edited:

Maison

jamesicus said:
Well, the new bat seems to miss a lot more balls than the older one used to for some strange reason :)

Actually the overall feel is about the same to me.
id imagine the older one having more of a 'cracking' feel when you hit a ball rather than the 'softer feel' of the newer bat/s :blink:

oh well!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol nice. How much was it Top Cat?
About AUD$550. And that was about two years ago. Now, it would b $650+.

And jamesicus, wow! Great-looking couple of bats you have there!

Maison

Top_Cat said:
About AUD$550. And that was about two years ago. Now, it would b $650+.

And jamesicus, wow! Great-looking couple of bats you have there!

why would it go up in price :/

unless the signature was actually done with a real pen ;)

Maison

Top_Cat said:
All bats have gone up; price of willow, cost of transport and all that
i dunno about that man.

so if i wanted to sell my bat, lets say, next year (and i hadnt used it yet, but i have...), i could sell it for like 50-100 bucks more?

i think not.

collectables go up in price, not 'consumer products' ;)

open365

International Vice-Captain
my bats only last me a season because i play so much.

i'm batless atm but in the past i've have a kookaburra buble 4 star which was great,a gray-nicolls gladius 5 star which was even better and a powerbow 5 star which was too heavy but made the ball go a long way.

i'm probably getting a pro peformance phoneix next season.