• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brad Hodge will never play for Australia

Josh

International Regular
vic_orthdox said:
Personally, I'd say they're very underused, a la Vaughan. Handy is a very appropriate term.
Agreed.

I remember a match where he destroyed NSW getting 3 key wickets and bowling 10 overs for about 30 in a one-dayer.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Personally, I'd say they're very underused, a la Vaughan. Handy is a very appropriate term.
Well i would expect that from a Victorian, but i wouldn't Marto medos are handy even though his got a similar record in FC and List A matches. Like Hodge he had his time in the sun with his bowling, but now its pretty average.

Josh

International Regular
chaminda_00 said:
Well i would expect that from a Victorian, but i wouldn't Marto medos are handy even though his got a similar record in FC and List A matches. Like Hodge he had his time in the sun with his bowling, but now its pretty average.
Martyn has a bowling-related back injury that's why he no longer bowls. Otherwise I think he would get thrown the ball just about every match.

Same with Michael Bevan.

howardj

International Coach
Hodge has hardly ever smacked down the selection door. The pattern of his career has been to have a stellar summer, then go quiet. Or even to have a stellar part of the summer, and then go quiet. By contrast, the reason why guys like Hayden, Blewett etc were given so many chances to come back into the team, were that they kept stringing together prolific summers consistently.