• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good Fielding Drills

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Anybody got any ideas?

I currently am half-doing the fielding for my club and am wondering if you have any good drills to do?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Depends, are you interested in fitness and fielding at the same time? if so i have a few for you

Isolator

State 12th Man
Keep your eye on the ball. This is generally quite painful at first, but with practice it becomes quite easy. And don't listen to what the opthalmologist tells you.

open365

International Vice-Captain
my favourite is the one where the coach uses a bat or a glove and deflects balls thrown at him to the slip cordon.

competitive drills are the best IMO,where the people playing them can acctually win or lose.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Isolator said:
Keep your eye on the ball. This is generally quite painful at first, but with practice it becomes quite easy. And don't listen to what the opthalmologist tells you.
What is this watching the ball drill? Watching it do what? :p