• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 in Commonwealth games

Deja moo

International Captain
Craig said:
Would have thought it would be a certainty in a country like India?
From the viewpoint of the organisers, yes. But the fans apparently dont like twenty20 (thank God for that). There was a tournament organised in Bangalore I think a month or two back, involving a few international players too. I doubt anyone on CW would be aware of that.

Craig

World Traveller
Monty said:
i dont think attracting big players will be a problem here is the 1998 aussie cricket team frome the commonwealth games
Team Members

Adam Gilchrist
Andy Bichel
Brad Young
Brendon Julian
Damien Fleming
Damien Martin
Darren Bicknell
Darren Lehmann
Gavin Robertson
Mark Waugh
Michael Bevan
Michael Kasprowicz
Ricky Ponting
Steve Waugh
Tom Moody
Darren Bicknell?!

What ever happened to him anyway?

Craig

World Traveller
greg said:
Cricket has been in the Commonwealth games before.

Biggest problems I can see are the Caribbean countries (and that Simon Jones couldn't play for England ;-))
Will Simon Jones still be around by 2012?

greg

International Debutant
andyc said:
His profile says he's British, not Australian...
And he seems to have slipped into Australian squad by accident ;)

He's Martin Bicknell's brother - the only player to score hundreds against all first class counties, I think.