• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player of the Year awards

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Barney Rubble said:
Exactly. Ponting's probably the worst captain around at the moment, Bangladeshis and Zimbaweans notwithstanding - if there was a Captain of the Year award, Michael Vaughan would clearly have won it, even without the Ashes being included. Winning in South Africa (and pretty convincingly, too) is not something to be taken lightly.
lol…I wouldn’t that far saying that Ponting is the worst captain around!! :laughing: I think he’s doing a pretty good job with the Australian team.I can understand that people have different opinions about him but I actually respect the guy. But yea I do agree that Michael Vaughan is doing one hell of a job with the English team there is no doubt about that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But he's far from the best, which you suggested by saying he'd be up for that award if it existed.

nick-o

State 12th Man
marc38010 said:
But he's far from the best, which you suggested by saying he'd be up for that award if it existed.
In a field of ten, he's up for it regardless.

My vote for best captain goes to Taibu, given what he's done with the resources he has.

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
marc71178 said:

lol...I get the feeling that you don't like Ponting!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, ever since he uttered the immortal words "We'll have a bowl mate", he's been one of my favourite people.