• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqar Younis is sooo under-rated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned (Duplicate account)
Its really not fair. He's one of the best fast bowlers to have ever played the game. He played 88 (?) test matches and had a strike rate of about 43. That is, on average, he a took a wicket every 43 balls. Nobody else has such a strike rate after having played so many matches. He had this ability to produce unplayable deliveries every so often and watching him on song was a treat. Shoaib Akhtar has a close strike rate (44) but he's only played about 35 tests.

He just does not get the recognition he deserves.

In fact I'm going to claim right now that he was better than ppl like Holding or Lillee

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I dont know who you talk to but most cricket fans i know class him as one of the best bowlers they ever saw. Maybe you need to stop talking to indians!

Yeah, ppl class him as good but not as great. Waqar was even better than many ppl in WI pace quartet IMO

Jarryd_S

Cricket Spectator
Moderator said:
In fact I'm going to claim right now that he was better than ppl like Holding or Lillee
I'm going to claim right now you're a tool who has seen little of Lillee, Holding, Thomson or Waqar himself.

Jarryd_S said:
I'm going to claim right now you're a tool who has seen little of Lillee, Holding, Thomson or Waqar himself.
Either you know nothing about cricket or you don't have a brain in that head of yours. LOL

Have you seen Waqar's inswinging yorkers. He produced miracle deliveries.

Jarryd_S

Cricket Spectator
Moderator said:
Either you know nothing about cricket or you don't have a brain in that head of yours. LOL

Have you seen Waqar's inswinging yorkers. He produced miracle deliveries.
...............................well ok, umm........I'll just leave you alone now in your little dream world :)

Jarryd_S said:
...............................well ok, umm........I'll just leave you alone now in your little dream world :)
haha sure, you can leave and go to your little dream world and play with yourself as you have always been doing :)

tooextracool

International Coach
waqar younis was underrrated until 95 and overrated at every point after 95. i've always wondered how he'd be treated with regard to the rest of the fast bowlers, if he had retired due to injury by jan 1 1995 with 190 wickets at a bowling average of 19.16.

Status
Not open for further replies.