Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tendulkar vs Richards

  1. #1
    Banned (Duplicate account)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In Your House
    Posts
    13

    Tendulkar vs Richards

    Who do you think is/was better? I think its Tendulkar because he's got a better record than Richards against every team and in every country in test cricket. In ODIs, he's scored over 13500 runs and has been the most successful batter.

  2. #2
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Nere a Spoon
    Posts
    2,873
    No Richards by a MILE!

    but that's just my opinion..

  3. #3
    Cricket Spectator Jarryd_S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21
    Tendaulkar better than Viv Richards?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    How do you ensure a high scoring cricket game?

    Play it in Australia and open the bowling with Andrew Flintoff.

  4. #4
    Banned (Duplicate account)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In Your House
    Posts
    13
    You guys have to give reasons. I have stated why Tendulkar is better.


  5. #5
    Cricket Spectator Jarryd_S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    You guys have to give reasons. I have stated why Tendulkar is better.
    Viv Richards annihilated every attack, he was the master blaster. The best since Bradman. Don Bradman said that Sachin played like him, but the Indians took that as he was as good as Bradman. Sachings very good, but he's no Viv.

  6. #6
    Banned (Duplicate account)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In Your House
    Posts
    13
    Shahid Afridi annihilates every attack as well, its not just about annihilating, is it?

    And surprisingly, there was a time until the end of the 90s that Sachin Tendulkar himself was very attacking. You could totally expect him to score a 100 with about 4 sixes during those times. Yes, he's toned down quite a bit and changed his game but if he's got a better record against every opposition, then those numbers cannot lie.

  7. #7
    Cricket Spectator Jarryd_S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Shahid Afridi annihilates every attack as well, its not just about annihilating, is it?

    And surprisingly, there was a time until the end of the 90s that Sachin Tendulkar himself was very attacking. You could totally expect him to score a 100 with about 4 sixes during those times. Yes, he's toned down quite a bit and changed his game but if he's got a better record against every opposition, then those numbers cannot lie.
    Sachin has more runs than Bradman, do you say he's a better batsman?

    Numbers don't tell the whole story.

  8. #8
    Banned (Duplicate account)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In Your House
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarryd_S
    Sachin has more runs than Bradman, do you say he's a better batsman?

    Numbers don't tell the whole story.
    I agree numbers don't tell the whole story but if a player beats another player in every number that is analysed, then that tells a lot. Richards has not done better than Tendulkar against ANY team.

  9. #9
    Cricket Spectator Jarryd_S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    I agree numbers don't tell the whole story but if a player beats another player in every number that is analysed, then that tells a lot.
    The last half of your sentence contradicts the first half!

  10. #10
    Banned (Duplicate account)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In Your House
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarryd_S
    The last half of your sentence contradicts the first half!
    This sentence proves you don't have much of a brain. If I have to be more clear and spell it out to you, here it goes: Sure, numbers do not tell the whole story. But they say a quite a lot of the story. For example, lets say player A has done better than player B against 10 other teams but lets say player B has done better than player A against 11 other teams. This is a case where numbers will not tell the whole story. There is quite a bit of analysis to be done.

    But lets say player A has done better than player B against all 21 other teams. This scenario tells quite a bit about the relative performance of the two players. In this case, the numbers say a lot.

    Have you got it yet? Or is it still challenging?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. good article on lara v. tendulkar
    By Bapu Rao Swami in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
  2. Great ODI batsmen
    By Hit4Six in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 07:08 AM
  3. Sim a match
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 31-12-2006, 03:03 PM
  4. The Beach Cricket World Cup 2003 (story)
    By Samuel_Vimes in forum General
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 30-11-2003, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •