• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World XI Changes for 2nd Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I was dissapointed in Shoaib Aktar's performance and stamina so Ntini in for him.

I'd like to see Chris Gayle open with Sehwag and Lara to come in at number 3, i feel your best batsmen must come in at first drop and set the pace, so Lara at number 3 for me. I'd drop Dravid for Afridi as i feel with Kallis we don't need another grafting type player, Afridi offers a bit more in the one day game.

I feel for the betterment of the team Sangakkara can bat down the order, nothing wrong with his performance in game 1, in fact it was outstanding in a badly beaten side, its just one of those decisions where the overall strength of the team takes priority.

Flintoff will improve as the series goes on and i thought the 2 spinners were outstanding.

1. Sehwag
2. Gayle
3. Lara
4. Kallis
5. Pietersen
6. Sangakkara
7. Flintoff
8. Pollock
9. Vettori
10. Muralitharan
11. Ntini
Sub. Afridi

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jason_M said:
I was dissapointed in Shoaib Aktar's performance and stamina so Ntini in for him.

I'd like to see Chris Gayle open with Sehwag and Lara to come in at number 3, i feel your best batsmen must come in at first drop and set the pace, so Lara at number 3 for me. I'd drop Dravid for Afridi as i feel with Kallis we don't need another grafting type player, Afridi offers a bit more in the one day game.

I feel for the betterment of the team Sangakkara can bat down the order, nothing wrong with his performance in game 1, in fact it was outstanding in a badly beaten side, its just one of those decisions where the overall strength of the team takes priority.

Flintoff will improve as the series goes on and i thought the 2 spinners were outstanding.

1. Sehwag
2. Gayle
3. Lara
4. Kallis
5. Pietersen
6. Sangakkara
7. Flintoff
8. Pollock
9. Vettori
10. Muralitharan
11. Ntini
Sub. Afridi
Please post stuff like this in the official thread.

Anyway, I'd drop Sehwag for Gayle and make no other changes.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think what the World XI needed WAS a grafter, they had too many guys who just wanted to dominate. If Kallis & Dravid had batted more overs, the World XI would have won.
Im sceptical about Afridi being in the side...I think Gayle would be a much better all-round option if you ask me.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
I reckon Afridi is one of the more overrated players in world cricket. Sure he can bludgeon an attack......but for how long and how often?

He comes off once every half a dozen innings and his bowling is ok without being special

shaka

International Regular
all Kallis should have done was defend that over, and not got out and life would have been easier for him.Mcgrath was never going to bowl more than 7 overs in his 1st spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.