• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst RoW side

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
pick a side with the worst regular current players from all sides except Australia, Bangladesh and Zim. My hunch is that even they would have done better than this selected lot. 8-)

I will do mine later. I g2g right now. But I hope everyone has fun selecting this side. :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Javed Omar
Shahriar Nafees
*Habibul Bashar
Nafees Iqbal
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
+Khaled Mashud
Mohammad Rafique
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque jnr

Or, maybe

BRM Taylor
T Duffin
DD Ebrahim
*+T Taibu
H Masakadza
HH Streak
CK Coventry
AM Blignaut
KM Dabengwa
NB Mahwire
W Mwayenga

Although Vaughan might be pushing for a spot :D

Edit: Dammit! Why do I never read the first post properly!!??

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
This is actually quite hard, especially at midnight :p This has taken me quite a while to do actually.

My Worst ROW XI:

1. D Smith
2. L Vincent
3. Y Hameed
4. I Bell
5. A Prince
6. A Razzaq
7. P Patel +
8. A Giles
9. M Sami
10. Naved-ul-Hasan
11. C Martin (c)

Chris Martin is skipper for obvious reasons

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
honestbharani said:
pick a side with the worst regular current players from all sides except Australia, Bangladesh and Zim. My hunch is that even they would have done better than this selected lot. 8-)

I will do mine later. I g2g right now. But I hope everyone has fun selecting this side. :)
Easy.

Captain : S.Ganguly
Coach: Greg Chappell

Rest of the 10 players chose whoever you want.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Salman Butt
Lou Vincent
Wavell Hinds
*Boeta Dippenaar
Vikram Solanki
Upul Chandana
+Courtney Browne
Irfan Pathan
Mohammad Sami
Omari Banks
Chris Martin

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
steds said:
Salman Butt
Lou Vincent
Wavell Hinds
*Boeta Dippenaar
Vikram Solanki
Upul Chandana
+Courtney Browne
Irfan Pathan
Mohammad Sami
Omari Banks
Chris Martin
have to disagree with that, i rate both of those rather highly to be honest, salman is a decent prospect, and chandana is a decent player as well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its not yet four in the morning and I am awake :@ and my labs are sleeping (one each with its head on my foot :) so lets try

Lets try to make a list of players whose selection I have wondered about

1. Ronnie Irani
2. ....er...

sorry cant go beyond the great Ronnie the original "Freddie" :sleep:

Blaze

Banned
Some of you are being a bit harsh on Lou Vincent.

He made a double century against Sri Lanka earlier this year.

Chris Martin I agree with though, he is woeful.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a bit scary for NZ when I see Chris Martin, Ian O'Brien & Jeetan Patel as our main strike bowlers for NZ 'A' in Sri Lanka.

Blaze

Banned
Tim said:
It's a bit scary for NZ when I see Chris Martin, Ian O'Brien & Jeetan Patel as our main strike bowlers for NZ 'A' in Sri Lanka.
Indeed. It is also frustrating when there are guys like Butler, Davis and Sherlock who should be playing in these games but aren't for all sorts of reasons.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, thats another concern...they all seem to be injured which is not a particularly good sign.

When NZ 'A' play the home series early next year I think we'll see Butler, Davis & Sherlock in the mix as long as they're free from injury.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
burkey_1988 said:
This is actually quite hard, especially at midnight :p This has taken me quite a while to do actually.

My Worst ROW XI:

1. D Smith
2. L Vincent
3. Y Hameed
4. I Bell
5. A Prince
6. A Razzaq
7. P Patel +
8. A Giles
9. M Sami
10. Naved-ul-Hasan
11. C Martin (c)

Chris Martin is skipper for obvious reasons
Lou Vincent??.....Thats a bit rough....the guy just scored a big double hundred in the last test against sri lanka and averages mid 30s....surely there are worse cricketers going around