• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much money do cricketers make??

axiom

Cricket Spectator
Hi Guys,
I am new in this forum. Do you guys know how much money do cricketers make in terms of match fees/retainer fees and sponsorships.

I know how much the BCCI (supposedly the richest) pays its players. How much do the other cricketing boards pay their players.??

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
being the captain of a successful test side is extremely lucrative, thats all i will say for now.

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
Minimum contract, for players the players in cricket Australia's squad is $145 000. Pretty nice sum there...plus match payments, sponsorships etc. The better player the mroe you get aswell.

axiom

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, Recently I read england and Australian make more money than others. Infatc even West Indies pays more money than the Indian Board.. I guess the other nations dont give that much money to their players...

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
new zealand have i tihnk a ranking scale where they hand ou20 contracts and 1 gets the most 20 he least ect. i think he minimum is something quite low like $40 000 plus match fees and stuff but i could be way off

sportychic33

State 12th Man
new zealand's contracts are based on performance and whether you play tests, odi's, or both and other factors. the highest paid is about $120,000 retainer and then it goes down until the 20th contracted player who gets paid $40,000. this isn't including match fees or sponsorship.

Craig

World Traveller
shounak said:
I heard on the radio that the Australian players get $600,000 + PA..
Only Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne would get that and possibily Adam Gilchrist.

axiom

Cricket Spectator
I guess there is a lot more money in the game then there used to be a few years back. Its time that the game is nurtered and turned into a global entertainer. Imagine the US putting up their 11. what do you guys think??

Shounak

Banned
Craig said:
Only Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne would get that and possibily Adam Gilchrist.
Gilly's on a million dollar contract or a $1.25 mill. Sponsors may more then cricket boards..