• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe Domestic Season

Chubb

International Regular
"Of Big Man". Lots of the richer white Zimbabweans have Dutch or French names, Vermeulen being another.

captaincovell

Cricket Spectator
lol @innocent

anyway now im here and this is my thread now

hey chubb zimbabwean white players never have french names, they have dutch, scottish or pommy names with the odd irishman thrown in, no frenchies that i know of.

just a few questions

chubb-black or white(just curious nothing more), where are you from?

why wont mary mackillop be playing domestic this year? (why the asterisk?)

why the laughing at gordon brown?

is d butchart in the sydney grade comp the son of the legendary zimbok ian butchart?

who is schofield?

"cremer isnt as bad as neil likes to think he is'
what does this mean?

Chubb

International Regular
captaincovell said:
lol @innocent

anyway now im here and this is my thread now

hey chubb zimbabwean white players never have french names, they have dutch, scottish or pommy names with the odd irishman thrown in, no frenchies that i know of.

just a few questions

chubb-black or white(just curious nothing more), where are you from?

why wont mary mackillop be playing domestic this year? (why the asterisk?)

why the laughing at gordon brown?

is d butchart in the sydney grade comp the son of the legendary zimbok ian butchart?

who is schofield?

"cremer isnt as bad as neil likes to think he is'
what does this mean?
I'm white, I just find Vusi highly amusing. I'm English, I have never been to Zimbabwe, neither has Prince EWS to my knowledge, we both just like Zimbabwean cricket. Andy Flower and Ray Price are my alltime cricket heroes.

McKillop has an asterisk by his name because he was Matabeleland captain last year when Mluleki Nkala was injured, and I said there was debate over his place because he hasn't got a great record and didn't do very well last year (And when I wrote it Heath Streak hadn't retired.)

Gordon Brown's namesake is the Chancellor of the Exchequer, a senior British politician.

Neil is Neil Pickup, a senior forum member and self-deprecatingly crap legspinner. He likes making jokes about how he could play international cricket if Cremer could.

Are you Zimbabwean then?

Last edited:

chris.hinton

International Captain
So what else is happening in the World of Zimbabwe Domestic cricket..... is Paul Stang still playing he was a good bowler

Chubb

International Regular
I have just discovered the delights of www.zimcricket.org
I will not trust news from this source, but they do have the Logan Cup squaads listed so we'll see how right I was about the composition of the teams;

Manicaland
Dion Ebrahim (Capt)
R Bennet
R Butterworth
M Chirombo
T Dangarembizi
P Gada
K Kulinga
Blessing Mahwire
J Marumisa
Stuart Matsikenyeri (V-Capt)
F Mtizwa (Wkt)
A Mwayenga
Tinashe Panyangara
P Rinke
A Soma
L Soma
S Wright

Mashonaland

Tatenda Taibu (Capt)
Elton Chigumbura
Chamunorwa Chibhabha
Douglas Hondo
Barney Rogers
Tendai Mufambisi
B Mlambo
Waddington Mwayenga
Jordanne Nicolle
A Cremer
C Samundero (I'm sure they mean Samunderu)
Brendan Taylor (Wkt)
Tinashe Ruswa
N Chari
A Neethling
T Garwe
B Mlambo

Matabeleland
Mluleki Nkala (Capt)
Hamilton Masakadza (V-Capt)
W Siziba (Wkt)
Mark Vermeulen
Tawanda Mpariwa
Charles Coventry (Wkt)
Gavin Ewing
C Mpofu
Keith Dabengwa
Terry Duffin
G Strydom
M Mabuza
T Hove
T Mboyi
L Kusano
Sean Williams
T Nyumbu

Midlands
A Maregwede ( Capt/Wkt)
Vusi Sibanda (V-Capt)
Propser Utseya
Edward Rainsford
I Chinyoka
A Chirinda
H Matanga
D Mutendera
A Maungwa
E Chauluka
I Nicholson
C Ervine
C Brewer
I Chikunya
T Chaeruka
F Katseni
T Chihota

Last edited:

captaincovell

Cricket Spectator
something interesting to note is the amount of whites in these teams

manicaland: 6

mashonaland: 5

matabeleand: 6

midlands: 3.5

but i doubt those squads as there seems to be alot of players of note missing

like brian strang andy blignaut ireland marrillier grandhomme brown mackillop etc

Chubb

International Regular
captaincovell said:
something interesting to note is the amount of whites in these teams

manicaland: 6

mashonaland: 5

matabeleand: 6

midlands: 3.5

but i doubt those squads as there seems to be alot of players of note missing

like brian strang andy blignaut ireland marrillier grandhomme brown mackillop etc
yeah I don't really think it is a trustworthy site at all.

Chubb

International Regular
I've been away for a bit but time to update this thread again.

Zim u23s and the President's XI both lost their last matches, although Hamilton Masakadza played a captain's innings of 103* in the second innings of the President's XI's match, the next highest score was 28 by Graeme Cremer.

Zim U23s are currently playing Western Province. They bowled out WP for 207, Ed Rainsford took 2-16 from ten overs, Alan Mwayenga took 2-53 from 15, Innocent "Fingers" Chinyoka 2-42, and bizarrely Colin de Grandhomme took 3-26 with his fast-medium. I hope he doesn't think he's an allrounder too.

But despite this good work in the field they've slipped to 68-6, only Bernard Mlambo (17) and de Grandhomme (13) getting into double figures.

Chubb

International Regular
Apparently, after calling for Chinyoka and Bvute to resign, Tatenda has been forced to go into hiding after receiving threats from a hardline Zanu-linked ZC official. I hope him and his wife, Loveness, are okay. It just goes to show how serious the situation has become. Tatenda may have forfeited his board support if Chinyoka somehow manages to survive.

Chubb

International Regular
The u23s lost their match against WP by 233 runs... abject performance, only Greg Strydom got a fifty, and that was when it was lost, and only three batsmen got into double figures in each innings...

Their one-day match against WP was lost by nine wickets... Zim got 162, mainly thanks to Bernard Mlambo (43) and Strydom (42) but it was never going to be anywhere near enough.

The Logan Cup must be starting soon...

Chubb

International Regular
As I predicted, the board has turned on Tatenda:

Police raid ZC offices

Cricinfo staff

November 15, 2005

The row engulfing Zimbabwe cricket continued to rumble on, with reports that the authorities had raided the offices of Zimbabwe Cricket at the national academy and that Peter Chingoka, the board chairman, and Ozias Bvute, the managing director, continued to help the police with their investigations.

The police are remaining tight-lipped about the line of their enquiries, but sources inside Zimbabwe suggest they are probing a number of the claims made in the dossier compiled by the provincial chairmen.

There was some progress yesterday, however, with the announcement that the board had concluded negotiations with the players over contracts and other outstanding issues. "It was a positive meeting," Wilfred Mukondiwa, ZC's human resources manager, said. "We were in agreement as far as those were concerned."

While that would seem to remove one of the grievances aired by the players last week, it seems unlikely that the threat made by them to strike will be withdrawn as long as Chingoka and Bvute remain at the helm. The players made it clear that they were not prepared to play while the pair remained in charge.

And while Tatenda Taibu remains in hiding after receiving threatening telephone calls after the players made their statement last Thursday, the fiercely pro-government Herald newspaper, which totally ignored all last week's events, launched a savage attack on him.

In an interview with Themba Mliswa, the chairman of Mashonaland West, one of the new provinces critics claim have been created to give the ZC board enough votes to survive the rebellion by the established provincial set-ups, Taibu is accused of selling out.

"It is quite disturbing that Taibu and some of his charges are now engaged in a dirty war, emanating from petty racial wars fomented by a known clique of the Asian and white groups in Zimbabwean cricket," said Mliswa. "I have also realised that his (Taibu's) game has deteriorated for a captain and he has abandoned the game of rules for the one with unwritten rules, which is politics."

Mliswa, who has had no involvement in cricket until recent weeks, said that he supported the investigations into the board's activities. "If there are any violations, we humbly submit that the probe must go on, but the investigations must cover the entire ZC board and management. Accountability, transparency and honesty are key values or cornerstones of any organisation's success, ZC included."

Those comments would be of interest to the Zimbabweans who claim they were duped by Mliswa in a scheme he ran to bring them into the UK which left many being deported on arrival. The venture was eventually cited by the UK authorities as the reason for Mliswa himself being deported in 2002.

The article is accompanied by a picture of this Mliswa wearing a New York Yankees baseball cap. He knows nothing about cricket, and everything he has said in that interview is absolute crap, particularly the bit about Tatenda's performance, which has probably never been better. See the arrogant vindictiveness of the board, how it turns on those who it considers traitors. A criminal who ran an immigration scam speaks for it.