• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Strike Rates

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
Jeez, Gilly's good, isn't he? When you see his career stats it makes our efforts in subduing him in The Ashes seem all the greater. :)

Looking at some of the older players on Howstat & cricinfo they don't actually have SRs listed, presuambly because of incomplete records. I don't many would be up there at 65+ tho.
I seem to remember an article some time ago which attempted to work out Bradman's strike rate, by comparing his scoring rates in innings for which balls faced was recorded with those for which only minutes were recorded (taking into account prevailing over-rates etc.). The figure they arrived at was something like 63, IIRC.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
I seem to remember an article some time ago which attempted to work out Bradman's strike rate, by comparing his scoring rates in innings for which balls faced was recorded with those for which only minutes were recorded (taking into account prevailing over-rates etc.). The figure they arrived at was something like 63, IIRC.
Yes thats right and if I remember right it covered very substantial part of his career.

thierry henry

International Coach
Prince EWS said:
Well you got your rounding all wrong, and Franklin would actually be ahead of Lawson and Barnes.

But anyway, thats a great achievement for someone who is known as a pretty average bowler in general. I know he's played a big against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, but on the other side of the coin, hes also played a lot against Australia and also some tests against England, so I think hes an under-rated bowler.
lol. Don't you know that Daniel Vettori is NZ's only decent bowler and all of our medium-pacers averaging in the 20s are hopeless nobodies?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
thierry henry said:
lol. Don't you know that Daniel Vettori is NZ's only decent bowler and all of our medium-pacers averaging in the 20s are hopeless nobodies?
I know you're being sarcastic, but with the exception of Franklin and of course Bond, I agree with that statement.

Eclipse

International Debutant
honestbharani said:
Wow, Sachin is not in that list. I always thought he had a good strike rate.
nahh it's mid fiftys.. even langer has a better strike rate from last time i checked..

thierry henry

International Coach
Prince EWS said:
I know you're being sarcastic, but with the exception of Franklin and of course Bond, I agree with that statement.
yes. Daniel Vettori lives in a special parallel universe where higher bowling averages are actually better.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
thierry henry said:
yes. Daniel Vettori lives in a special parallel universe where higher bowling averages are actually better.
If Chris Martin and Kyle Mills are better bowlers than Dan Vettori Ill just about turn it in.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
Yeah he compliments the hitters nicely. But when required to do so he can hit the ball a fair way. NZ vs. SA ODI at Wellington him and Oram hit something like 70 off the last 5 overs.
Correction....That was Styris and Mcullum by the way

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Eclipse said:
nahh it's mid fiftys.. even langer has a better strike rate from last time i checked..
yeah, makes one realize how great a record Lara's is. To have scored so many runs under so much pressure over such a long time and at such a strike rate is amazing, to say the least.