• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Domestic Cricket

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guyana thrashed the Leeward Islands by 7 wickets.
Sarwan scored a brilliant 113 not out. What form! Four hundreds and 2 fifties in his last 6 innings mefinks.
Runako Morton also played well, scoring 75 for the Leewards.

Notable:

King 5-0-31-0
Banks 12, 10-0-47-1
Deonarine 31, 8-1-45-1
Chanderpaul 21*
Jeremy 5-1-21-0

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Great to see Sarwan playing like this. I definitely hope this lasts the entire Australia Tour.

Dydl

International Debutant
Sarwan's form can last through the tour of Australia unless it means some match/series-winning knocks... :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Barbados to play Guyana in the final tomorrow.

Notable semi-final performances:

Dwayne Smith 96 - caught brilliantly on the longon boundary, 2-0-23-0
Courtney Browne 51* :blink:
Kenroy Peters 10-1-45-3
Deighton Butler 6-0-37-1
Darren Sammy 46, 9-0-44-1
Devon Smith 5 - bowled by Collymore with one that kept quite low.
Ian Bradshaw 8-1-20-0
Corey Collymore 6-1-31-3
Suleiman Benn 8-0-44-2
Tino Best 5-1-10-1
Ryan Hinds 15, 8-1-46-1

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
hmm should be an interesting final i give Guyana a slight advantage since their at home but the barbados team looks strong (especially in the bowling) so anything can happen.

Mr Mxyzptlk

aussie said:
hmm should be an interesting final i give Guyana a slight advantage since their at home but the barbados team looks strong (especially in the bowling) so anything can happen.
I give Guyana the advantage because of two men - Sarwan and Chanderpaul.
The Bajan bowling is potentially fearsome, but hasn't fired as a unit this season. Bradshaw has struggled more than he typically does, Tino Best has been nothing more than useful, and Edwards has barely played at all. Collymore has been superb though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
249 made by Barbados. Should have made some more.

Very good match in prospect. Chatergoon has ensured a good first over for Guyana.

The largest crowd in Windies domestic cricket history of this competition at least watching the match according to commentator. The stadium is certainly almost full if not completely full.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have to say Chatergoon has batted really well till now against West Indies international bowlers. K.Arjune was pathetic but even then the Barbados bowlers could not dismiss him. He hung on which means the Guyanese have a slight advantage with 120 to make in 130 balls. 7 wickets in hand but the bowling attack being good means the match should go to the last 2-3 overs at least.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Madness at Bourda

It had nothing to suggest it is going to be what it ended up in. The Guyanese batted a few more overs since I last posted and it looked,, with 7 wickets in hand, that it is going to be a comfortable victory. Certainly the commentators were laughing that its all but over but any thing can happen in one day cricket, despite not believing there was any thing left in the match except the last rites.

A few more overs down and we come to the end of the 46th over. People kept getting out to rash shots. The situation thus came to 3 wickets in hand, 4 overs and more than 6 runs an over required.

To add to the drama of the situation it was extremely dark. Bulbs in the guest pavilion where the crowds sat could be seen quite distinctively. No lights offerred to the batsmen to the astonishment of the commentators.

The 46th over gone and 3 overs to go, it was a tie by D/L system (Guyana would have won on past record in the tournament) and yet no light offered despite the batsman trying to flick to the leg side on two consecutive balls on the off side.

The 48th over finishing, the commentators put their money on Barbados. Light finally offered to the batsmen but they of course did not take it because they were behind in D/L.

And Benn, the tallest left hand spinner I have ever seen, who was sensibly bowling flat balls till then, decided to give a ball some flight to experiment. Lo and behold - a six! Guyana ahead on D/L now.

The umpires offer lights. The Guyanese batsmen go off to the dismay of the Courtney Browne and other Barbados players!

Last edited: