Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Whilst the Super Series is currently the primary cricket series I can't wat to begin, I am still very much looking forward to this series. I personally think this will be a 'break' tour for India. No not 'make or break' because a win wouldn't make them as a test team, but a loss would break them (even further than what has occurred with the current Ganguly/Chappell saga).

The one thing I want is some runs from Sachin. Its been a long time since I've seen the little master play. It'd be great to see him hit some good form.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

with the way SRI have been playing in ODI's lately i'd give them a nod to win that, but the test series could go either way, has Jono said hopefully we can see Tendulkar back to his best & it will be interesting to see Murali bowling in India lets see if he betters Warne's performances over their.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono

The one thing I want is some runs from Sachin. Its been a long time since I've seen the little master play. It'd be great to see him hit some good form.
    Ditto. He's still equal with Gavaskar's record number of centuries, isn't he?

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    I think, the way things are, Sri Lanka will be disappointed if they don't win this series 4-3 or 5-2. I am talking ODIs. The tests are still a good two months off.

BTW, I think this thread should be renamed "Official Internationals in India this season" because we also have 5 ODIs against RSA breaking up the Sri Lankan tour and I don't think we should use another thread for that.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I wonder how the Indians will paly after all recent off field soap opera?

Sri Lanka should win the One dayers pretty, the Indian ODI side is weak in both batting and bowling, Tendulkar or no Tendulkar.

I'm tipping Sri Lanka to win the Test matches also, I haven't seen India play test cricket for some years but I'm basing this on the fact I think bowling attacks win Test matches and our bolwing attack is much better than Indian one. If our batsmen can support our bowlers just a little, Sri Lanka should do fine. I think Murali should also bag more wickets than Warne, historically he tends to bowl very well to the Indians. Have the Indian's faced Malinga yet? If they haven't it should be pretty interesting to see how they play him.

The Sri Lankan batsmen really need to do well this tour. Aside from Sanna and Marv, all the other guys are fairly young but have been around for a while but haven't really made serious contributions on a regular basis. I also want Tharanga to show the runs he made recently weren't just because he was up against Bangladesh, he needs to get his game up if he is going to tour Australia later this year. So too with Fernando, he seems to be coming back into form but that could just be a case of playing Bangladesh, he really needs to be a spearhead bowler for Sri Lanka and support Vaasy and Murali in both ODI's and tests.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    & it will be interesting to see Murali bowling in India lets see if he betters Warne's performances over their.
    He certainly has outdone Warne's performance there off the field by taking a Bride from there !!

I wonder if the Ganguly Chappell feud will be over by then for India to play serious cricket ? Or will it continue to shadow Indian Cricket ?

I predict India to bounce back very strongly against Sri Lanka in both ODI and Tests , provided the Captaincy is sorted once and for all and better judgement and sense prevails for the sake of their cricket to move to the next phase !!

India with Chappell have a chance to do well at the next World Cup , but the feud has to end and there's only one end as far as I can see.

For the greater good of Indian Cricket, certain individual's must realise their time has come and gone and move on !!

Teams with Good Leadership always do well !! And Unfortunately the time has come for India to make that change I feel.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    well, I agree with you Jason, but it seems it ain't gonna happen any time soon. The proposed way out apparently is that Sourav stays in the ODI side and captains it, while Rahul takes up the test role. Not the best, but it is better than having Sourav for both, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JASON
    He certainly has outdone Warne's performance there off the field by taking a Bride from there !!
    Warnie's taken plenty of brides - just not his own!!
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by mavric41
    Warnie's taken plenty of brides - just not his own!!

Code:
    CW CRICKET - May 2009
    FC
    M      I     NO    Runs      Avg      Ct      50s      100s      HS
    83    157   8      4237    28.44      79      22         4       169*

O     W    Avg   SR
    45    18   18.7  27

List - A
    M      I      Runs      Avg      Ct    50s    100s      HS
    179   174    5828      37.84     67    48     3        121

OD
    M      I      Runs      Avg    Ct      50s      100s      HS    SR
    27    24     716      35.80    15      6         0       71*   74.58

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/221718.html

Seems to be a real possibility that Dravid may start the series as captain. We'll probably find out tomorrow, at any rate. A lot of pressure on Ganguly to perform if that's the case; possibly even more pressure to perform if he does retain the captaincy.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Dravid named as captain: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/indi...ry/221900.html

I thought this would be fairly big news, but seeing as I can't seem to find a thread or even a post on it, it's obviously not...

Finally !!!! It definately is the best news Indian Cricket fans have heard in last few months. Hope and wish that RD does well for India as captain as well.

Kapil mentioned yesterday that the captain should be given an extended run, whoever is appointed so that a scenario like himself and Gavaskar does not arise.

It is certainly good that Dravid is appointed for 2 and not 1 tournament/series. But maybe if the selectors could so fast and unanimously decide the captain to be Dravid, they should have gone all the way and appointed a captain/Dravid as the captain for a year.

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information