• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whilst the Super Series is currently the primary cricket series I can't wat to begin, I am still very much looking forward to this series. I personally think this will be a 'break' tour for India. No not 'make or break' because a win wouldn't make them as a test team, but a loss would break them (even further than what has occurred with the current Ganguly/Chappell saga).

The one thing I want is some runs from Sachin. Its been a long time since I've seen the little master play. It'd be great to see him hit some good form.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
with the way SRI have been playing in ODI's lately i'd give them a nod to win that, but the test series could go either way, has Jono said hopefully we can see Tendulkar back to his best & it will be interesting to see Murali bowling in India lets see if he betters Warne's performances over their.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jono said:
The one thing I want is some runs from Sachin. Its been a long time since I've seen the little master play. It'd be great to see him hit some good form.
Ditto. He's still equal with Gavaskar's record number of centuries, isn't he?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think, the way things are, Sri Lanka will be disappointed if they don't win this series 4-3 or 5-2. I am talking ODIs. The tests are still a good two months off.

BTW, I think this thread should be renamed "Official Internationals in India this season" because we also have 5 ODIs against RSA breaking up the Sri Lankan tour and I don't think we should use another thread for that.

lionheart

School Boy/Girl Captain
I wonder how the Indians will paly after all recent off field soap opera?

Sri Lanka should win the One dayers pretty, the Indian ODI side is weak in both batting and bowling, Tendulkar or no Tendulkar.

I'm tipping Sri Lanka to win the Test matches also, I haven't seen India play test cricket for some years but I'm basing this on the fact I think bowling attacks win Test matches and our bolwing attack is much better than Indian one. If our batsmen can support our bowlers just a little, Sri Lanka should do fine. I think Murali should also bag more wickets than Warne, historically he tends to bowl very well to the Indians. Have the Indian's faced Malinga yet? If they haven't it should be pretty interesting to see how they play him.

The Sri Lankan batsmen really need to do well this tour. Aside from Sanna and Marv, all the other guys are fairly young but have been around for a while but haven't really made serious contributions on a regular basis. I also want Tharanga to show the runs he made recently weren't just because he was up against Bangladesh, he needs to get his game up if he is going to tour Australia later this year. So too with Fernando, he seems to be coming back into form but that could just be a case of playing Bangladesh, he really needs to be a spearhead bowler for Sri Lanka and support Vaasy and Murali in both ODI's and tests.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
aussie said:
& it will be interesting to see Murali bowling in India lets see if he betters Warne's performances over their.
He certainly has outdone Warne's performance there off the field by taking a Bride from there !! :D :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if the Ganguly Chappell feud will be over by then for India to play serious cricket ? Or will it continue to shadow Indian Cricket ?

I predict India to bounce back very strongly against Sri Lanka in both ODI and Tests , provided the Captaincy is sorted once and for all and better judgement and sense prevails for the sake of their cricket to move to the next phase !!

India with Chappell have a chance to do well at the next World Cup , but the feud has to end and there's only one end as far as I can see.

For the greater good of Indian Cricket, certain individual's must realise their time has come and gone and move on !!

Teams with Good Leadership always do well !! And Unfortunately the time has come for India to make that change I feel.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
well, I agree with you Jason, but it seems it ain't gonna happen any time soon. The proposed way out apparently is that Sourav stays in the ODI side and captains it, while Rahul takes up the test role. Not the best, but it is better than having Sourav for both, I guess.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Finally !!!! It definately is the best news Indian Cricket fans have heard in last few months. Hope and wish that RD does well for India as captain as well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Kapil mentioned yesterday that the captain should be given an extended run, whoever is appointed so that a scenario like himself and Gavaskar does not arise.

It is certainly good that Dravid is appointed for 2 and not 1 tournament/series. But maybe if the selectors could so fast and unanimously decide the captain to be Dravid, they should have gone all the way and appointed a captain/Dravid as the captain for a year.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sanz said:
Finally !!!! It definately is the best news Indian Cricket fans have heard in last few months. Hope and wish that RD does well for India as captain as well.
A former selector said that the board would have definitely stuck to Sourav as captain despite his form. They're left with no choice but to go with Dravid since Ganguly is proven unfit. For the first time, Gangs didn't get so lucky and Indian cricket fans did.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Preferred playing XI-
  • Sehwag and Gambhir open
  • Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Raina in the middle-order
  • If there are more wickets in hand, JP Yadav, Dhoni and Irfan may be promoted at the expense of one of the middle-order.
  • Irfan should open the bowling with Sreesanth
  • Nehra and Yadav come first-change and second-change, then Harbhajan comes in.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
shaka said:
Laxman dropped, I cannot believe it.
I'm assuming that's only for the ODIs though. He's never been particularly effective in ODIs, so it's hardly surprising. It was pretty clear when the Chappell/Ganguly thing blew up that Chappell considers Laxman a good Test player only.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Arjun said:
Preferred playing XI-
  • Sehwag and Gambhir open
  • Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Raina in the middle-order
  • If there are more wickets in hand, JP Yadav, Dhoni and Irfan may be promoted at the expense of one of the middle-order.
  • Irfan should open the bowling with Sreesanth
  • Nehra and Yadav come first-change and second-change, then Harbhajan comes in.
What you say seems to make sense. But i would have preferred Vidyut in place of Gambhir for his sheer aggression. But your line-up looks good given the team that has been selected.
I very much doubt Dhoni's abilities against quality bowling.

But i would predict the result to be in favour of Srilanka 5-2.