Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1455

Thread: ***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

  1. #1441
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63,194
    There's been a similar slip from the chasing pack though - England got close in the summer but have fallen away, hence the gap has increased again and was only close for a very short time.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  2. #1442
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    30,054
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    There's been a similar slip from the chasing pack though - England got close in the summer but have fallen away, hence the gap has increased again and was only close for a very short time.
    Yeah I understand what you are saying..

  3. #1443
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    Oh you were talking about the gap between 1st and the rest. Hmm interesting point by Marc actually. Whilst Australia aren't what they were say 12-18 months ago, England have fallen off and India, Pakistan and South Africa still have a lot to prove, and all haven't beat Australia in a long time.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  4. #1444
    International Captain Deja moo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Navi Mumbai , India
    Posts
    5,974
    The gap between Australia and India in terms of points is far lesser than the gap between India and the WI (WI are on 73 or 78 I believe, compared to Indias 115, Australias 128) In that sense, Australia arent that far ahead.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.


  5. #1445
    International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    The gap between Australia and India in terms of points is far lesser than the gap between India and the WI (WI are on 73 or 78 I believe, compared to Indias 115, Australias 128) In that sense, Australia arent that far ahead.
    I think IF India win against Pak and Eng 3-0 and Aus lose against SAf 2-0, India'll be the no.1 ranked team.

  6. #1446
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Thane India
    Posts
    19,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Oh you were talking about the gap between 1st and the rest. Hmm interesting point by Marc actually. Whilst Australia aren't what they were say 12-18 months ago, England have fallen off and India, Pakistan and South Africa still have a lot to prove, and all haven't beat Australia in a long time.
    Lets put it this way -

    Australia are looking more beatable than they have for a very very long period of time.

    The fact that they may be beaten by one of 3 or 4 sides instead of a sole challenger hot on their heels doesnt change that fact.

  7. #1447
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    30,054
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Lets put it this way -

    Australia are looking more beatable than they have for a very very long period of time.

    The fact that they may be beaten by one of 3 or 4 sides instead of a sole challenger hot on their heels doesnt change that fact.
    That expresses my thought process on it very well.

  8. #1448
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Lets put it this way -

    Australia are looking more beatable than they have for a very very long period of time.

    The fact that they may be beaten by one of 3 or 4 sides instead of a sole challenger hot on their heels doesnt change that fact.
    Very true.

  9. #1449
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Oh you were talking about the gap between 1st and the rest. Hmm interesting point by Marc actually. Whilst Australia aren't what they were say 12-18 months ago, England have fallen off and India, Pakistan and South Africa still have a lot to prove, and all haven't beat Australia in a long time.
    That was always my issue - the Aussies continue to destroy the weaker sides, but we learn nothing about their ability, whilst the other leading sides face each other and cancel themselves out, so how has the gap lessened?!

  10. #1450
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    I think IF India win against Pak and Eng 3-0 and Aus lose against SAf 2-0, India'll be the no.1 ranked team.
    By the same token, a 3-0 for England with Aus not winning the WI series would've lead to England being number 1 - in other words, it ain't going to happen, so why bother talking about it?

  11. #1451
    International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    By the same token, a 3-0 for England with Aus not winning the WI series would've lead to England being number 1 - in other words, it ain't going to happen, so why bother talking about it?
    I never said it was likely, I was just pointing out how the field has evened out somewhat. No need to jump down my throat because of that.

  12. #1452
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Thane India
    Posts
    19,346
    Someone, please unstick this sticky

  13. #1453
    Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    27,203
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Someone, please unstick this sticky
    What sticky?
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  14. #1454
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Thane India
    Posts
    19,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    What sticky?
    OOPS.

    My mistake. I

    was surprised to see it on the first page and took it for granted that it was there because it was still a sticky.

  15. #1455
    Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    30,054
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    OOPS.

    My mistake. I

    was surprised to see it on the first page and took it for granted that it was there because it was still a sticky.
    Actually it wasnt your mistake.

    Neil quickly unstickied it and made that post confusing the old man as evident.

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World's Best Young Talent
    By Fred Jr in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 16-02-2007, 11:48 AM
  2. Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)
    By lord_of_darkness in forum Cricket Web XI
    Replies: 460
    Last Post: 23-10-2004, 04:09 PM
  3. Ganguly's achievements
    By ReallyCrazy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 24-08-2004, 02:40 PM
  4. *Official* CWXI tour to Sri Lanka, discussion
    By lord_of_darkness in forum Cricket Web XI
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 27-08-2003, 12:07 AM
  5. India v Sri Lanka
    By luckyeddie in forum World Cup 2003
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •