• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
GladiatrsInBlue said:
What a knock by IKP, man this guy is really "once in a genaration player".It wold have been good had IKP got a hundred in the match, hopefully IKP would shine with ball too.
IKP is once in a generaiton or not you truly are.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
I understand what you are saying. But Lal was more on the lines of 'the move was criticised earlier, people were apprehensive about it earlier when it was tried but it is a great move.' despite his earlier stance.

Who cares any way what Arun Lal thinks. Was just pointing it out.
In that case, you are completely in your rights to criticise him here for it.

If he is claiming that he thought it was a great move all along, then he is clearly out of line.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Murali getting some prodigious turn.

Ball change now.

250/4 40 overs. What will happen in the next 10 overs?

75-80 runs I say.

Shoaib

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
IKP simply doesn't has the potential to score a 100 o4 37 or 45 balls which only Shahid Afridi has.After this innings, our envious next door neighbour (shoaib) will declare IKP as a "fake copy of Afridi" :p
Definitly,he needs to play for 10000000000000 years more to become Afridi.I think IKP is a useful ODI bowler but at test level,he is utter crap against good sides.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let's not get into a "Pathan is the greatest ever" vs. "Pathan is the worst player ever" argument, it goes nowhere and both sides exaggerate immensely.

Dravid has to take India past 300 here, 320-330 is definitely gettable.

I know within his heart, the kid admires IKP immensely :)

Anyway IKP and Sachin has done their job, DRavid is batting very sensibly, and now Dhoni need to bat well to enable India to post 330-345 runs total.

Shoaib

Banned
I know within his heart, the kid admires IKP immensely :).
By playing one good innings a tailender cannot become a batting legend.I did admire IKP when he bowled brilliantly against Pakistan in 2004 series but the guy doesn't deserve it anymore because of his extremly poor performances since then.The guy who considers IKP & MS Dhoni as "true living legends",himself gives the indication that he is a 10 year old kid.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shoaib said:
By playing one good innings a tailender cannot become a batting legend.I did admire IKP when he bowled brilliantly against Pakistan in 2004 series but the guy doesn't deserve it anymore.By the way,I'm not a kid.
No-one ever claimed that he was a batting legend.

Then wait till IKP plays against Pak in 2006 again!

Meanwhile Murali is really bowling well and has tied down India, INdia can't afford to get into a shell at this satge of the game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shoaib said:
My indian friend(GaladiatrsInBlue) does claim that he is a true living legend.
He never said he was a batting legend though. Im sure his comments on Pathan are mainly based on his bowling ability.

Shoaib said:
My indian friend(GaladiatrsInBlue) does claim that he is a true living legend.
I don't think him of much as a batter. IKP can become a very usefull lower order batsmen though, if he works hard then he might be able to establish himself as an allrounder in future.