• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My fav cricket pic

cameeel

International Captain
Ha, how old is the photo though, its been a fair while since Aus wore those uniforms, sometime in the late 90's?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Apparently that never happened
got to be, that uniform looks like the ones Australia wore in the formely called CUB series between 98/99 wehn England & SRI to 2000/01 WI & ZIM were in Australia.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
got to be, that uniform looks like the ones Australia wore in the formely called CUB series between 98/99 wehn England & SRI to 2000/01 WI & ZIM were in Australia.
In that case, it might be this. If that's right, 3.1-0-8-1 is a bloody good comeback

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
In that case, it might be this. If that's right, 3.1-0-8-1 is a bloody good comeback
well then i remember that game its the only time i've ever seen McGrath hit high & hard over the top in ODI cricket when by Razzaq, arguably Pigeons worst day with the white ball, though his spell in Bangalore in 2001 was another shocker

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cameeel said:
Ha, how old is the photo though, its been a fair while since Aus wore those uniforms, sometime in the late 90's?
It's been a while since he's had a haircut that bad, too!

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant

This is mine. Couldn't happen to a bunch of right-wing racist ******s more in my book; anyone but SA (yes, including Australia).

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
honestly speaking im not sure either. If i would have to make an educated guess, I'd say 1999 world cup pool match between pak and aus.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Yup that's the match. :)

10.1 McGrath to Abdur Razzaq, FOUR
10.2 McGrath to Abdur Razzaq, FOUR
10.3 McGrath to Abdur Razzaq, FOUR
10.4 McGrath to Abdur Razzaq, FOUR
10.5 McGrath to Abdur Razzaq, FOUR, incredible, 5 consecutive
boundaries, and we miss the comms because of damn technical
difficulties

GD McGrath 5-0-61-0 (2nb) - Cape York End

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
You are probably correct.

Here is the overs graph from that game. If he took the new ball, bowled fou overs from one end (1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th of the game) and then was taken off and brought on from the other end to bowl the 11th, these could be his figures one ball before that 11th over was completed !!

PS : The green overs are Aussie bowlin.

This could be it

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
You are probably correct.

Here is the overs graph from that game. If he took the new ball, bowled fou overs from one end (1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th of the game) and then was taken off and brought on from the other end to bowl the 11th, these could be his figures one ball before that 11th over was completed !!

PS : The green overs are Aussie bowlin.

This could be it
Yes this is it

The runs conceded were

1st over : 10
3rd over : 19
5th Over : 7
7th over : 11
11th Over : 20

That is 67 runs in 5 overs. And he wasnt brought on from the other end, just brought back after an overs "rest" after two wickets(both openers) had fallen and he ran into new batsman Abdur Razzaq !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
In those 29 deliveries that McGrath bowled he was hit by ..

Saeed Anwar
- For 11 in 6 (1x4) :)

Ijaz Ahmed
- For 22 in 9 (2x4, 1x6) :laugh:

Inzemaam
- For 0 in 1 :mellow:

Razzaq
- For 28 in 11 (3 0 4 0 1 0 and off the first five deliveries of his 5th over 4 4 4 4 4) Thats when that photograph was taken.

:crybaby: :crutch:

:lol: :gora:

PS : Correction - McGrath was taken off after 3 overs and came back to bowl the 9th and 11th.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And of all people, Damien Martyn bowled the seventh.

Stuey MacGill then took 4/19 off 10 and Pakistan fell in a big heap.