• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne's Imminent Retirement?

howardj

International Coach
This story http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=65029 doesn't bode too well for Warnie's cricketing future. Just speculating, but you'd think if they were to re-unite, then as part of that, he may have to give up the touring life of an international cricketer. I don't think there's much doubt, having sampled the bitter taste of separation, that he'd choose family above cricket.

archie mac

International Coach
howardj said:
This story http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=65029 doesn't bode too well for Warnie's cricketing future. Just speculating, but you'd think if they were to re-unite, then as part of that, he may have to give up the touring life of an international cricketer. I don't think there's much doubt, having sampled the bitter taste of separation, that he'd choose family above cricket.

Speculation, speculation, speculation, I am glad you are not a reporter :D

I think the way his bowling at the moment, and lets not forget batting I think he can play on to the age of 40+ and besides I think he will want that little urn back.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
Speculation, speculation, speculation, I am glad you are not a reporter :D

I think the way his bowling at the moment, and lets not forget batting I think he can play on to the age of 40+ and besides I think he will want that little urn back.
The way he's bowling at the moment will mean his shoulder will break long before he reaches 40, in fact if he keeps bowling 20-30 overs in the first innings he won't make the next Ashes.

Blaze

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
The way he's bowling at the moment will mean his shoulder will break long before he reaches 40, in fact if he keeps bowling 20-30 overs in the first innings he won't make the next Ashes.
Lol how would you know?

shaka

International Regular
I would wait until there is official confirmation. A few weeks ago I read an article that Warne has begun dating Jerry Hall (former wife of Mick Jagger). So I would not believe anything until it is confirmed.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
'
i reckon Australia's bowling can pull its socks up between now & the Bangladesh series in April plus even so Warne will have a lot of time off from then to the next ashes in november so unless he dies or his hand falls off he will be playing in the next ashes :p