Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richard

International 12th Man

Richard

Can you stop resurrecting threads from 2 months ago? Not only is it pointless - few people can remember exactly what they wrote 2 months ago, or especially, exactly the reason why they wrote it. They certainly can't be bothered to read back through the whole thread to try and work these things out, and what the argument was all about.

And all you are doing is pushing current threads off the screen.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    He can do what he wants, you dont own the forums. Btw me thinks this thread will be closed
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    He can do what he wants, you dont own the forums. Btw me thinks this thread will be closed
    It was a request not an order.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    A very valid one at that I'd say.

Only way it can restre natural order is be hoping everybody else ignores the threads.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    It was a request not an order.
    I know, i was just saying he can do what he wants. Not that im agreeing with what he is doing or anything

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    I know, i was just saying he can do what he wants. Not that im agreeing with what he is doing or anything
    Well we're probably agreed then I just thought an appeal to his inner soul might make a difference. Probably not though

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned I've no obligation to not reply to something I'd have replied to at the time had I been able to.
    As for the utterly ludicrous "it pushes current threads off the top page" - are people seriously incapable of moving to the 2nd page, or even the 3rd if neccessary? If James were to request that, after one of my breaks, I discontinue truncated discussions I'd be happy enough to do so - but I'd take a guess that he feels there is a point of the 2nd page.
    Last edited by Richard; 28-09-2005 at 07:10 AM.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    As far as I'm concerned I've no obligation to not reply to something I'd have replied to at the time had I been able to.
    As for the utterly ludicrous "it pushes current threads off the top page" - are people seriously incapable of moving to the 2nd page, or even the 3rd if neccessary? If James were to request that, after one of my breaks, I discontinue truncated discussions I'd be happy enough to do so - but I'd take a guess that he feels there is a point of the 2nd page.
    That may be true in theory, but in practice when threads drop off the front page, they die.
    Still do what you like.

Do they?
    Are there really insufficient people on this board who are incapable of pressing the little 2 button at the foot of the page to make ongoing threads cycle through the front page?

Do they?
    Are there really insufficient people on this board who are incapable of pressing the little 2 button at the foot of the page to make ongoing threads cycle through the front page?
    Yes.

In which case I'd like to ask a simple question:
    Why?
    Why is there a limit of 25 threads that can contain attention in one go?
    And one more thing: if someone (me, for instance - and I know for a fact that there are others like me because of the fact that the list of threads with me as last poster go onto the 2nd page sometimes and still get replies perfectly regularly) is cycling current threads and making sure those on the 2nd page stay alive why is it a problem?

In which case I'd like to ask a simple question:
    Why?
    Why is there a limit of 25 threads that can contain attention in one go?
    And one more thing: if someone (me, for instance - and I know for a fact that there are others like me because of the fact that the list of threads with me as last poster go onto the 2nd page sometimes and still get replies perfectly regularly) is cycling current threads and making sure those on the 2nd page stay alive why is it a problem?
    Its quite uncomfortable if some one comes after ages and resurrects 25 threads or so most of which have gone back the pages for the simple reason that they have run their course to appear in front of your eyes again and most of the relevant topics go back to page 2. There is a reason why only 25 topics or whatever the number are shown on the main page.

Also if every one starts doing like you how far back will the original threads disappear?

Nothing personal against you Rich.

That's just the thing, though - they may have run their course - but for what reason? The only one - that I have been absent and the discussion has been truncated.
    Also, do you know of anyone else who is so prone to lengthy absences and returning to resurrect discussions that had been prematurely halted?

this thread is a joke!
    Code:
    CW CRICKET - May 2009
    FC
    M      I     NO    Runs      Avg      Ct      50s      100s      HS
    83    157   8      4237    28.44      79      22         4       169*

O     W    Avg   SR
    45    18   18.7  27

List - A
    M      I      Runs      Avg      Ct    50s    100s      HS
    179   174    5828      37.84     67    48     3        121

OD
    M      I      Runs      Avg    Ct      50s      100s      HS    SR
    27    24     716      35.80    15      6         0       71*   74.58

That's just the thing, though - they may have run their course - but for what reason? The only one - that I have been absent and the discussion has been truncated.
    Then explain how most of the threads you resurrected wont last for long.

Also, do you know of anyone else who is so prone to lengthy absences and returning to resurrect discussions that had been prematurely halted?
    No one else would act as inconvenient I am sure.

Any way the others and I have put our point across. If you refuse to try and understand it, its not our fault.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information