• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg

International Debutant
Richard said:
Why not?
Why is there anything intrinsically wrong with a period of absence then a return? It is not my fault that the absence initialised ITFP.
But do you have any purpose for resurrecting old threads other than so you can have the last word? If an argument is left unresolved at the time it is unlikely to become resolved 2 months later. And as i said in my initial post i doubt many people will summon much enthusiasm for rejoining arguments which they might have forgotten about, and certainly probably can't remember the terms under which debates were conducted.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe not.
But I won't know unless I find-out.
It amazes me that I've done this on each of the 4 occasions I've left the boards for a considerable time, and not once has there been any hint of a backlash before now.
I also wonder whether anyone else would have mentioned it had you not done so.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard said:
Of the many threads you have resurrected in how many have you been able to get proper answers. Therein lies your folly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How long since I resurrected them?
You won't know until maybe a day after.
Then we'll be able to get an answer.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think Greg has raised a very valid point, the forum does look like someone pushed it back by couple of months and it is annoying as hell.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Maybe not.
It amazes me that I've done this on each of the 4 occasions I've left the boards for a considerable time, and not once has there been any hint of a backlash before now.
I also wonder whether anyone else would have mentioned it had you not done so.
Just because people dont mention it doesn't mean people enjoy this. I may not have mentioned it on my own but I am glad that someone did and rightly so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The point is that had greg not mentioned it here it's unlikely that the many grievences which supposedly are ongoing would have been aired.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
I think Greg has raised a very valid point, the forum does look like someone pushed it back by couple of months and it is annoying as hell.
But no matter how many people state that, he's adamant he's not in the wrong...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
The point is that had greg not mentioned it here it's unlikely that the many grievences which supposedly are ongoing would have been aired.
Oh so now greg is at fault for mentioning it ? 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Oh so now greg is at fault for mentioning it ? 8-)
Nope, that's just an utter twisting of words.
What I said - and what I meant - was that there are plenty of bandwagon jumpers around here who are more than willing to decide they're against something having not made a single complaint before someone else pointed it out.

archie mac

International Coach
Later to day I am going to resurrect the trivia threads (if no one answers them) so don't become angry with me :surrender :p

archie mac

International Coach
Richard said:
I'm amazed they've been let go ITFP.

No Jason and SJS is in the USA at the moment, I think I made the last Q on the Guru thread a bit hard a couple of days ago :)

Status
Not open for further replies.