• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kenya showing signs of improvement

Kimbo

International Debutant
Kenya is holding their own well against the West Indies and they showed promise in one of the matches against Aussie.
The seem to be moving up to a new level...
It wil be interesting to see if they keep performing well against top tier teams.

Current scorecard:
West Indies: 125/2 from 33 overs.

They havent got many wickets but the scoring rate is under 4 and MO Odumbe is bowling really well- 9-1-16-1

Kimbo

International Debutant
Maurice Odumbe was the chap. His last over went for 5 unfortunately so he ended up with an economy rate of 2.1.
Good job.
Hes an offie by the way.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Bugger I think I just gave the ol' commentators curse... The inevitable is happening, Lara has now hit a couple of sixes and has reached 7500 ODI runs...
Windies runrate now a massive 4.38...
GO KENYA

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
LOL....sunil ur the only one interested in Kenya around here? by the way kenya have already once downed the windies, so they might think they have a measure of em.

BTW Lara was out cought nehind not given by the third umpire.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It'd be funny if lightening struck again and Kenya beat the Windies.

Bit unlikely now though - 208-3 in the 46th.

Suji has had an off day for him. His bowling in the tri-series was awesome.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yes they are quite good - they should get test status in the next year hopefully and they could still win this game - unlikeley though unfortunatley

they are far better than bangladesh though

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yea, it looks like they have some genuine talent.
Tikolo is on 54 off 50... they are giving the run chase their best shot

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They should get test status, they should have had it before bengladesh. They wont get it yet, they dont have the conditions, depth, grounds and the set up to play at that level yet.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tikolo & Odumbe are bloody good players, a far sight better than what any of the Bangladesh players have to offer.
But as Broncoman said..Kenya just don't have the resources to become a test nation which is quite sad.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Interesting bit is Cricinfo saif that this was Lara's first century since Jan. 2001 when he was taking all Australia on by himself, and was successfuly doing so, when rain intervened and gave Australia the match by the Duckworth-Lewis method, Now that is around 20 months without a 100, he scored an unbeaten 92 against SA I think.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Interesting bit is Cricinfo saif that this was Lara's first century since Jan. 2001 when he was taking all Australia on by himself, and was successfuly doing so, when rain intervened and gave Australia the match by the Duckworth-Lewis method, Now that is around 20 months without a 100, he scored an unbeaten 92 against SA I think.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The Test Status problem is because the Kenyan Cricket Board isn't recognised by the Government.

And they are a far better team than Bangladesh IMHO.

Suggestion - Why don't the 2nd/3rd place finishers play each other in either the SSC or on the Rest Days between the Semis and Final?

:confused:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
This is only in ODI's right?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Test Status problem is because the Kenyan Cricket Board isn't recognised by the Government.

And they are a far better team than Bangladesh IMHO.

Suggestion - Why don't the 2nd/3rd place finishers play each other in either the SSC or on the Rest Days between the Semis and Final?

:confused:
Dunno, too much to expect of them to play 3 games in a fortnight or so I guess?

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
There are a lot of questions about schedules.I don't know how these are decided but there's surely something wrong with them.Like in the recent NatWest series in England, both India and Sri Lanka played back to back matches but England didn't.How do you explain that ?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I believe the home side always twists such "twistable" factors as schedules to their advantage. It happened in Australia too with Australia getting all the schedule advantages in its league matches with SA and NZ. As it happened, it wasn't enough and they didn't make the final, but it was a clear case of discrimination.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In that sort of Tournament it's under the control of the home nation, so it's only understandable that they'll tweak the fixtures in their own favour.

This is an ICC-run Tournament, yet there is still one side getting 2 clear days more to rest and prepare for the Final, that is IMO unfair.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
In that sort of Tournament it's under the control of the home nation, so it's only understandable that they'll tweak the fixtures in their own favour.

This is an ICC-run Tournament, yet there is still one side getting 2 clear days more to rest and prepare for the Final, that is IMO unfair.
So your idea of unfair varies according to who does it, is that what you are saying? I don't care if its ICC or the home team that does things like this.Its grossly unfair no matter who does it.