• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cant blame the world if they are laughing at us

Langeveldt

Soutie
Arjun said:
They can't be that bad. There are more than a few good things about that West Indian side, which you find missing in the Indian team.
I'm not sure, think of the sponsorship rows and half baked teams being sent on tour recently..

Langeveldt

Soutie
I say Dravid for captain, chairman, groundskeeper, drinks carrier, mascot..

The guy rules, a pillar of humility in a mess of scandalous personality.. They should have kept him when Ganguly was serving his ban..

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:

The guy rules, a pillar of humility in a mess of scandalous personality.. They should have kept him when Ganguly was serving his ban..
Ditto. But have mercy on the guy with the job profile :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:

That's true, but Couple of losses and Media/fans will start ranting about his exit. He is the only genuine batsman we have in our team and I am not willing to risk him to a stupid captaincy.

BCCI, please give it to anyone, Laxman, Kaif, Kumble or even Irfan Pathan but please spare Dravid.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
A joker called Mahindra !!

Many summers ago, Saurav Ganguly had called Mahindra a disgrace (if I remember correctly) to Indian cricket. Yesterday it appeared as if, he was not too much off the target. Though using Mohinder Amarnath's terminology of joker(he used it for selectors) or clown would have been more appropriate.

Here are excerpts from failed politician-turned-lousy-cricket administrators responses yesterday at press conference as reported in deiiferent articles in cricinfo.
the issue of a spat between captain and coach that has threatened to cleave Indian cricket in two, was dismissed in four-and-a-half minutesRanbir Singh Mahendra, the president of the body that runs cricket in this country, cut a sorry figure, laughing at inappropriate moments, tripping over himself answering simple questions, and dodging the more forthright ones.
The gravity of a confidential email from coach to employers being leaked seemed to be lost on Mahendra, who dismissed the matter saying no committee was needed to investigate this matter, and that the board "has its ways" of conducting its own investigations
The key questions remained unanswered - were captain and coach sufficiently happy with the situation post the review meeting? Did the board really believe that the two could work together harmoniously? Has there been a softening of stance from coach on the grave misdemeanours he had attributed to the captain?
He spoke like a clown would to a group of toddlers at a birthday party, expecting laughter at the right points, silence at others, and wonder and amazements at the revelations. When asked what was going to be done about the reported indiscipline in the team - a very, very serious matter - Mahendra retorted, "What should we do? Hang them?" If the board president believes indiscipline is a laughing matter, then you have to wonder what exactly goes on in his mind.
"Don't put words in my mouth. The matter has been resolved amicably," said Mahendra, when it was put to him that the board was once again sweeping a delicate matter under the carpet. Allow yourself a chuckle, for it was only days ago that an acrimonious annual general meeting of the board was "adjourned amicably", after a whole day of haggling, court cases, counter cases, and mudslinging. Then, it was unclear what made Sharad Pawar's camp change their minds and "adjourn amicably". Now, it is unfathomable what could have prompted Chappell and Ganguly to resolve their issues in a similar manner
At the press conference Mahendra, embarrassingly evasive and bumbling in the way he fielded questions, seemed to come to life on the question of Ganguly's faked injuries. "It was due to some miscommunication" was his curt comment, and if the force with which he said it was meant to preclude further questions it did just that.
"Cricket should go forward," was the discovery that Mahendra seemed to have made following the committee meeting, and it was the repeated rejoinder with which he sought to disarm the more trenchant questioners in the assembled media.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, with football and Tennis starting to make decent progress as serious sporting alternatives to cricket, I think these guys will be forced to do something worthwhile and change their ways pretty soon.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
I'm not sure, think of the sponsorship rows and half baked teams being sent on tour recently..
Even those selections marred by sponsorship rows and 'half-baked' teams can do a lot better than the current Indian side. The team may be a subject of jokes these days, but Jermaine Lawson, Tino Best, Darren Powell and Dwayne Smith are far more relevant in the current Indian side than some of the 'senior' players.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
We thought we had put this mess behind us and the world was now watching our splendid cricket in both one dayers and test matches and applauding.

But dont you believe that. Parliament is now going to debate whether Ganguly should play for India. The Defense Minister of India(a Bengali by coincidence), the leaders of the communist parties (all Bengalis by another coincidence, The speaker of the Lok Sabha (yet another Bengali believe it or not) are in the forefront to make it the issue that has sent all other matters of national importance out of the window.

As a former Indian cricketer said on a show today, how come the country never went up in 'flames' (it appears like that you know) when people like Lala Amarnath, Vinoo Mankad, Nawab Pataudi were dropped amongst others.

Search me.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wow is so much of non sense really happening?

Its a relief I do not have to see much of it with work occupying more space.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We don't need to keep on discussing this issue, or Cricket Chat will end up looking like Sportnetwork ICF. I can't believe that's a cricket forum!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
But dont you believe that. Parliament is now going to debate whether Ganguly should play for India. The Defense Minister of India(a Bengali by coincidence), the leaders of the communist parties (all Bengalis by another coincidence, The speaker of the Lok Sabha (yet another Bengali believe it or not) are in the forefront to make it the issue that has sent all other matters of national importance out of the window.
Once again SJS pick and chose to bring up regionalism here and show their Bias against Bengalis. Here is the Cricinfo report :-

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvsl/content/story/229761.html

"...The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party's Arun Jaitley, the Samajwadi Party's Amar Singh and the Rashtriya Janata Dal's Laloo Prasad Yadav too complained in parliament about the "unfair" treatment meted out to Ganguly. Somnath Chatterjee, the parliament speaker, has reportedly spoken to Praful Patel, a Pawar confidante and central government minister, on the issue and the need to make amends for Ganguly...."

May be you missed that part of the report or may be Arun Jaitly is a Bengali too, Laloo Yadav is a Bengali too and guess Amar Singh must be Bengali as well...Everyone speaking on Ganguly's behalf is a bengali, Prasanna, Wadekar, Harsha Bhogle every one of them is Bengali...

Btw...can someone tell me which team Wasim Jaffer plays for ?? Is it Mumbai and isn't where SJS is from ??

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
Once again SJS pick and chose to bring up regionalism here and show their Bias against Bengalis. Here is the Cricinfo report :-

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvsl/content/story/229761.html

"...The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party's Arun Jaitley, the Samajwadi Party's Amar Singh and the Rashtriya Janata Dal's Laloo Prasad Yadav too complained in parliament about the "unfair" treatment meted out to Ganguly. Somnath Chatterjee, the parliament speaker, has reportedly spoken to Praful Patel, a Pawar confidante and central government minister, on the issue and the need to make amends for Ganguly...."

May be you missed that part of the report or may be Arun Jaitly is a Bengali too, Laloo Yadav is a Bengali too and guess Amar Singh must be Bengali as well...Everyone speaking on Ganguly's behalf is a bengali, Prasanna, Wadekar, Harsha Bhogle every one of them is Bengali...

Btw...can someone tell me which team Wasim Jaffer plays for ?? Is it Mumbai and isn't where SJS is from ??
Isn't SJS Punjabi? And used to live in Baroda, only until a few years back, before moving to Mumbai?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Isn't SJS Punjabi? And used to live in Baroda, only until a few years back, before moving to Mumbai?
Actually I am a Maharashtrian and a Shiv Sainik to boot actively involved in ridding Maharashtra and eventually the entire country of everyone except Maharashtrians hence my declared devotion to Maharsahtrians eg Gavaskar :happy:

My ancestors who were holidaying in Poonchh in 1947 were butchered by Bengalis masquerading as Kabayaliees from the mountains and since then (actually from a few years later when I was born) I have always held a special grudge against Bengalis.

My ideal Indian team for the 2007 world cup is :
- Ja Tu Openkar
- Jako Followkar
- Chalja Batkar
- God Tendulkar
- Next Padkar
- Tubhi Padkar
- Wicket Ko Keepkar
- Sairaj Mumbaikar
- Ohmy Agarkar
- Fast Bowlkar
- Superfast Bowlkar
:whistling :whistling :whistling

Sudeep

International Captain
SJS said:
Actually I am a Maharashtrian and a Shiv Sainik to boot actively involved in ridding Maharashtra and eventually the entire country of everyone except Maharashtrians hence my declared devotion to Maharsahtrians eg Gavaskar :happy:

My ancestors who were holidaying in Poonchh in 1947 were butchered by Bengalis masquerading as Kabayaliees from the mountains and since then (actually from a few years later when I was born) I have always held a special grudge against Bengalis.

My ideal Indian team for the 2007 world cup is :
- Ja Tu Openkar
- Jako Followkar
- Chalja Batkar
- God Tendulkar
- Next Padkar
- Tubhi Padkar
- Wicket Ko Keepkar
- Sairaj Mumbaikar
- Ohmy Agarkar
- Fast Bowlkar
- Superfast Bowlkar
:whistling :whistling :whistling
No Supersub Replacekar? :cool:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
No Supersub Replacekar? :cool:
Brilliant.

You know why you and I are so bright inspite of staying so long in Baroda ? Its the proximity to Maharashtra :p

Jay Maharashtra

- Bala Saheb Swaranjeet Singh Kashmirsedillisebarodasemumbaikar​

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well the team should clearly be:

Openerjee
Secondbatapodhyay
Wallerjee
Haldipur
Ganguly
Shukla (world's best all rounder)
Dasgupta (Best Indian keeper)
Pal (Best Indian fast bowler - all time mind you)
Chatterjee (Still going strong at 79)
Medium Fastanguly
Mcbasu

12th man - Gavaskar 'multipurpose' Junior

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Well the team should clearly be:

Openerjee
Secondbatapodhyay
Wallerjee
Haldipur
Ganguly
Shukla (world's best all rounder)
Dasgupta (Best Indian keeper)
Pal (Best Indian fast bowler - all time mind you)
Chatterjee (Still going strong at 79)
Medium Fastanguly
Mcbasu

12th man - Gavaskar 'multipurpose' Junior
:gora: :gora: :gora:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Isn't SJS Punjabi?
And isn't Yuvraj Singh a Punjabi too ?? If he and you are going to be so sensitive about this..then dont effing bring Bengalis just because some of them support Ganguly.