• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Freddie claims he was shot at in Delhi....

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
oh no... what happened to the padlock? :D

Edit: Can u link me to the story? And he wasn't hurt, right?
One of Shane Warne's girl friends, one night acquaintances, wife threw what looked to some like a locking device at him. It landed on his head.

No he wasnt hurt but had a bemused look on his face.

I dont have the link but if you look at BoyBrumby's avataar you will see a picture of it :D

Sanjeev_K

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
So, basically, you can see absolutely nothing at all wrong with calling Indian fans "savages", and if any action is taken against you, you'll run off and tell Wisden.

Much as we appreciate the notion that Wisden would actually care, I'd suggest that trying to blackmail us into not taking any action against you on account of who your mates are isn't the smartest of strategies to stay onside of the admin team.
@Jace11 I wouldn't worry too much, while I don't agree with your stereotyping all inidians as savages which is worng of course, collective punishment by ICC would be very likely but I think nothing serious will happen anyway on tours there.

Neil Pickups 'over the top' response was maybe caused by the anger and disappointment of getting knocked out of University Challange by a panel of old people. A humiliating defeat on national television is bound to make one's temper flare. Fancy not knowing where coal comes from...duh! And I had not seen ginger hair color looking so bad under studio lights before - joke :)

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
If you've signed up to do nothing but crack jokes at Neil I suggest you leave.

First warning, next time you'll be banned.

Shoaib

Banned
greg said:
That's true. Apologies. I read it was in Pakistan.
No,Its impossible because its the Indian public who honours their guests by throwing bottles & stuff like that but not we the Pakistanis.

Shounak

Banned
Shoaib said:
No,Its impossible because its the Indian public who honours their guests by throwing bottles & stuff like that but not we the Pakistanis.
You're an idiot.. Unruly audience members exist in every country..

There was bottle throwing in Australia and New Zealand too, does that mean both countries are places with hostile audiences?

There's a difference between the Indian public and a few idiots.. Why even post here if you're only spouting tripe?