Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 207

Thread: Martyn dropped from test squad

  1. #151
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,680
    MacGill "world class" ?

    Hmmm.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  2. #152
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,360
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Any state which both has rugby league as its main football code AND elects Bjelke-Petersen for about 400 years AND is the home and haven of the One Nation Party cannot be the greatest state in the land.
    Fair enough. But any state that has Redback Bitter as there main brand of beer cannot be the greatest state in the land. Even Very Bad is better than Redback Bitter.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  3. #153
    Banned Shounak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Fair enough. But any state that has Redback Bitter as there main brand of beer cannot be the greatest state in the land. Even Very Bad is better than Redback Bitter.
    Stop squabbling..

    The state from which VB orginates is the best.. End of story..

  4. #154
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,144
    Fair enough. But any state that has Redback Bitter as there main brand of beer cannot be the greatest state in the land. Even Very Bad is better than Redback Bitter.
    Obviously you've never been here if you think Redback Bitter is our 'main beer'. That, by extension, renders you opinion on anything SA null and void.

    By the way, Coopers and West End would be the main beers here. Not that I drink but no-one I know drinks Redback.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp


  5. #155
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    Obviously you've never been here if you think Redback Bitter is our 'main beer'. That, by extension, renders you opinion on anything SA null and void.

    By the way, Coopers and West End would be the main beers here. Not that I drink but no-one I know drinks Redback.
    For a reason.

  6. #156
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,360
    Quote Originally Posted by shounak
    Stop squabbling..

    The state from which VB orginates is the best.. End of story..
    VB is 2nd last behind Redback Bitter.

  7. #157
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    his axing is simply ignorant, lets hope he gets back into the test side soon...

  8. #158
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Why Katich made the ODI squad ahead of Hodge I have no idea either.
    good to see someone agreeing with me on this point at least, Hodge would definately make a better OD option that Katich surely.....

  9. #159
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Really? I actually think Katich is better suited to batting at 4 than 6. He's a top order player normally, and isn't really that adept at batting with the tail. Watson is similar, but at the bottom of the pecking order he has to learn to bat 6.

    I'd go for

    Langer
    Hayden
    Ponting
    Katich
    Clarke
    Watson
    Gilchrist
    Warne
    Lee
    McGrath
    Tait
    true about Katich being a normal top-order bat but i dunno i'm just feeling a bit uncomfortable with him batting at 4 in the super test at least, i say give Hodge a go... & also MaCgilla could well & play but i've heard that in October the balls swings a bit at the SCG so well see what happens.

  10. #160
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    MacGill "world class" ?

    Hmmm.
    in conditions that suit him which is likely to be the case at the SCG, he is world class....

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    true about Katich being a normal top-order bat but i dunno i'm just feeling a bit uncomfortable with him batting at 4 in the super test at least, i say give Hodge a go... & also MaCgilla could well & play but i've heard that in October the balls swings a bit at the SCG so well see what happens.

    If it does there's only going to be one winner and it ain't the Ashes also-rans.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  12. #162
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    If it does there's only going to be one winner and it ain't the Ashes also-rans.
    whatever yo...

  13. #163
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    If it does there's only going to be one winner and it ain't the Ashes also-rans.
    I don't see why really. Assuming the World XI picks Pollock, Shoaib and Flintoff as their seamers, if there's swing around I'd say it would help McGrath and Lee just as much.

    What Australia don't particularly want is a flat pitch that turns as the game goes on, because Murali and Kumble will have a field day.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  14. #164
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    I don't see why really. Assuming the World XI picks Pollock, Shoaib and Flintoff as their seamers, if there's swing around I'd say it would help McGrath and Lee just as much.

    What Australia don't particularly want is a flat pitch that turns as the game goes on, because Murali and Kumble will have a field day.
    Kumble?

  15. #165
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    Kumble?
    Whoops. Murali.

    That actually changes the issue somewhat... I somehow forgot he wasn't playing, and with the high chance of Macgill playing a turner might be nice. A fairly lively early-season wicket is likely though, and I don't think we'll be seeing a six day test.
    Last edited by FaaipDeOiad; 21-09-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* CW XI Media Coverage
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Cricket Media Coverage
    Replies: 1838
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 02:25 AM
  2. CW XI Test History
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum Statistics and Records
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 29-11-2007, 05:34 AM
  3. CW Players A-Z
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-12-2001, 03:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •