Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *Official* South African domestic season 2005/6

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Protea
    The first games of the Supersport Series are underway. Some interesting first day scores
    Interesting? Looks to have gone pretty much according to plan apart from the clouds in Durban...or am I missing something?`
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Interesting? Looks to have gone pretty much according to plan apart from the clouds in Durban...or am I missing something?`
    Interesting if you support the Warriors...the fact that they managed to make 245/5 was pretty surprising in itself, especially since we were missing our most experienced batsman in Mark Bruyns. The wind in PE was also very strong and it probably wasn't the easiest condition to play under. Weighted bails wouldn't even stay in the grooves, if the wind when I was playing a match at school was any indication. We didn't even bother with the bails

I also expected the Lions to struggle a bit against the Dolphins, especially batting first at Kingsmead, which suits the fast bowlers so early in the season.

I also expected Martin van Jaarsveld to make more than 0 especially after his good season at Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Protea
    Interesting if you support the Warriors...the fact that they managed to make 245/5 was pretty surprising in itself, especially since we were missing our most experienced batsman in Mark Bruyns. The wind in PE was also very strong and it probably wasn't the easiest condition to play under. Weighted bails wouldn't even stay in the grooves, if the wind when I was playing a match at school was any indication. We didn't even bother with the bails
    So, under the laws of cricket, no one was out bowled, stumped or run out?

Ian Harvey Update:

Bowling: 11-5-27-1 (wicket of no. 4 Arno Jacobs, bowled for 87) Currently batting with JP Duminy, on 7* off 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    So, under the laws of cricket, no one was out bowled, stumped or run out?
    Not under the laws of cricket, obviously...they did make allowances though, since it was a bunch of high school girls playing Our spinner is our keeper so no chance of a stumping anyway. Plenty of catches dropped though

a new Symcox has appeared, the son of the great Pat Symcox , currently on 1*, average of around 25 batting.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/south...yer/47479.html
    winner of formula 1 prediction thread 2005 competition and look forward to next year

shakaSaulo@cricketmail.net

Pinball Champion!
    Shocking defeat to the Cobras though, Im still gutted the way we capitulated that morning.. I was only at the ground for an hour and saw six wickets! You off to the game on Sunday Protea?

Oh and dont even talk to me about the wind here.. I've never batted in a wind so strong that it moved my backlift out towards point!..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Of course...I wouldn't miss it for anything! Weather should be pretty good, as long as the wind doesn't blow. Weather forecast is mostly sunny, 28 degrees celcius (83 farenheit) Funny, CricInfo has listed the third ODI as Bloemfontein Who'd expect them to make a mistake like that

Warriors doing much better against the Titans, batting wise anyway, although CricInfo seem to be unable to function in East London, because they aren't giving live updates. SuperCricket says Titans are 334/3, Alviro Petersen just out for 140. Pity we can't seem to be taking any wickets. I would expect us to bowl a lot better, since we have Henderson back.

What is the point system for the standard bank cup?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information