• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Their best knock/best bowling performances

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The commentators didn't lay into Harper enough in that game. But the crowd's booing did enough.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
Bevan's best ODI innings? Easy. 78* against the WI, 95/96. Australia were 6/38 chasing 180-odd and the WI had all of the momentum. Not only did he keep hitting the ball crisply all the way along the ground through point/cover, he shared a fantastic partnership with Paul Reiffel to boot.
yea thats the one is was talking about that i've heard so much about but never say fully....

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
You're far too nice; he fumbled and claimed a simple catch he clearly dropped and knew he had therefore he tried to blatantly cheat. The ball rolled along the ground for a bit for crying out loud! It's difficult to look at someone the same way after something like that. I know the WI were desperate for his wicket at that point but that was ludicrous and under the current ICC rules, would have surely earned a pretty severe penalty. He might have been rubbed out for some time, in fact. It was THAT bad.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to be light on him, trust me. It wasn't a case of the ball maybe being caught, it was sitting on the ground when he picked it up and claimed it. I'd suggest given the penalty Latif got that given how much more blatant Harper's "catch" was he might well have been banned for life.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
aliG said:
194 by Anwar in the heart of enemy territory. I felt bad when he popped one up at 194 and got caught. I'd be nervous too. Reaching dam near 200 in an ODI is a feat itselft...let alone thinking about making 200 or something. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Didn't u like the reception we gave him? He said he was almost welling up after that reception. And BTW, I was there and watched it LIVE and I consider myself lucky to have watched such a great knock. :)

greg

International Debutant
FaaipDeOiad said:
Some of them are. Certainly not all of them though, and a lot of the reputation Pakistan got for being poor against spin came from Warne anyway. Other spinners from the era like Murali and Kumble have comparable averages to their career record against Pakistan, Murali slightly higher and Kumble slightly lower. It's only Warne who totally dominated them. Pakistani players regularly face turning pitches and quality spin bowlers in domestic cricket, which is basically where talent against spin comes from. All of the subcontinent nations are quite proficient compared to say English players. If you're English or Australian, you generally learn to play spin through coaching and experience at internaitonal level, not as a junior player or in first class cricket.

Suggesting Pakistan are shocking against spin because Warne dominated them is like suggesting the West Indies are particularly good because Warne struggled against them. Neither are really true. Warne also has an excellent record against Sri Lanka, who are obviously very good players of spin for the most part.
Probably more accurate would be to say that they are terrible at playing spinners who turn the ball away from the right hander, hence Giles' success against them.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Tendulkar's best Test innings IMO was the 100 he made in the 3rd test against Australia
at Chennai in 2001 - scored on a wearing pitch against a quality attack --- eventually proved to be a matchwinning innings in the deciding match of that famous series.

C_C

International Captain
Tendulkar's best knock - 136 (?) against Pakistan
Lara's best knock - 153* vs Aus.
Dravid's best knock - 180(?) vs OZ in Kolkata

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
Tendulkar's best knock - 136 (?) against Pakistan

thats was a good knock but i tend to rate his 155 not out in Chennai higher that was just boom