• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

Shoaib

Banned
Now the WI r gonna give Aussies some tough time with BCL, Sarwan and Gayle back in the side.Hoping for a tough contest between these 2 equally balanced sides.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Shoaib said:
Now the WI r gonna give Aussies some tough time with BCL, Sarwan and Gayle back in the side.Hoping for a tough contest between these 2 equally balanced sides.
Equally balanced?

Well, the key for the West Indies to be competitive is to find a couple of bowlers who can stand up and be counted. Guys like Edwards, Collins and Best are all capable of doing serious damage against Australia, but they rarely get it right long enough, and with the likelyhood of flat pitches Australia may well rack up massive scores against the Windies bowling attack. With Lara and Chanderpaul in the team, the West Indies can definately be competitive with the bat, but it's hard to see them doing much with the ball. A whitewash wouldn't particularly surprise me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think the Windies might surprise a few people, esp. given that Benett King will probably have good knowledge of the grounds, the pitches etc. Hopefully, the Windies can put out their best side and do their best. Then, I think, they MAY be competitive.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just hope for my sake that I get to see Lara in really good action at the 'Gabba. I was robbed by Glen McGrath the last time the Windies played at the 'Gabba when he got Lara out in both innings for 0 & 4.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd love to see Lara get some runs here in Australia, unfortunately they won't be playing at the MCG (I think) so I won't get to see him.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
The WI bowling wont trouble Australia. England won the Ashes through relentless accurate bowling..WI simply dont have that capability. Watch for sudden returns to form for pretty much every Aussie batsman.
Whitewash

greg

International Debutant
Swervy said:
The WI bowling wont trouble Australia. England won the Ashes through relentless accurate bowling..WI simply dont have that capability. Watch for sudden returns to form for pretty much every Aussie batsman.
Whitewash
Yep. If they want to stop the Australian batsmen scoring boundaries they're going to need a bit more than a deep point :D

Personally I can't see Windies making any progress until they sort out the situation with the "rebels". It is notable how much more they played as a team and players raised their games when the rebels were absent. Of course the gap in quality was still too much to overcome but there seemed to be a fair bit of talent if only it could be nurtured properly.

Craig

World Traveller
Maybe they the WI might fire with the bat but I expect the WI to cop a pasting.

In saying that I may head up there for the tour or Test match at the 'Gabba.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Can't see the Windies bowlers having the firepower to take 20 wickets, so expect that they'll be whitewashed.

Be interesting to see what, if any, changes Australia make.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
As poor as the West Indies have been recently (notwithstanding the return of Lara, Sarwan and Gayle), I can see the Australians being completely knackered after two months of the toughest cricket they'll ever play in England, followed by nine days of cricket against the best the world has to offer.

WI might win a Test, but otherwise its Aussies all the way. I can't see anything other than a series win for them, despite recent setbacks. The interesting thing will be to see what team they put out.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
I just hope for my sake that I get to see Lara in really good action at the 'Gabba. I was robbed by Glen McGrath the last time the Windies played at the 'Gabba when he got Lara out in both innings for 0 & 4.
Stand 67 as usual Kyle?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Can't see the Windies bowlers having the firepower to take 20 wickets, so expect that they'll be whitewashed.

Be interesting to see what, if any, changes Australia make.
I do hope some changes are made, but I'm pretty confident there won't be.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Will be going to the test in Hobart, hopefully I'll see Lara get a few, watching him smack some of those sixes off Brett Lee when he made that century against Australia A down here gave me a lot of satisfaction - I love seeing Lara hit sixes, and I love seeing Brett Lee get hit for six.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I have a feeling the West Indies may just surprise people. Lawson's had surgery so he's doubtful but if the likes of Collins and Collymore can produce something to give the faster bowlers some cover then taking 20 wickets might not be out of the question.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
dont expect west indies bowlers to be much of an heaache nor their batsmen. Looking foward to seeing McGrath & Warne to Lara again :D , i cant belive it would be 6 and a half years (Bridgetown 99) since Warne has bowled to Lara in tests dear their battles should be great.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm going for 2-0 to Australia personally (with BCL standing fast and saving the final test with an undefeated double hundred)