• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

Eclipse

International Debutant
Hussey has had some trouble with the hook / pull shot this Test..

Usualy that's a very good shot for him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
age_master said:
hawkeye isn't great on those ones i dont reakon, i reakon it would have been closer than that, quite possibly hitting the top of teh stimps.
But those shouldn't be given out. You cannot give out because balls "would possibly have hit the stumps". IMHO, you shouldn't give out people even when balls would have "probably" hit the stumps. I think LBWs should be given only when umpires are certain that all criterias are fulfilled and that time,there were doubts on two of those criterias and so, a not out was a fair decision, IMO.

I don't mind decisions when umpires rule batsmen not out when they were out as much as when umpires give batsmen who are not out OUT. After all, as the saying goes, the batsmen only get one chance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Neil Pickup said:
Ricky, mate, the idea of sub fielders is you pick good ones.

Brendan Nash, spillage. And tame spillage, too...
I guess that shows the real reason for Punter's outburst. He is just mad that there are no good enough sub fielders in Australia...... :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely powerhouse performance by Australia today. Four rapid wickets to Warne bowling at his best, and then to bat like that... quite amazing.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jamesicus said:
Great day for the "Baggy Green"!
Indeed, although I'm a little non-plussed as to why they would accept the offer of bad light when more than 500 ahead and 8 wickets in hand.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Honestly, what is the point of this post? Yes, he is a bowler. Does that mean it's bad that he's improving with the bat and being useful at number 9 for Australia? I'm not suggesting he's good enough to be picked with the bat alone, merely that, as I said, he continues to impress.
The point was his runs are irrelevant if he's not doing the job he's selected for, so what was the point in mentioning them?

His batting average might be 21, but his bowling is about 34 and rising.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
Indeed, although I'm a little non-plussed as to why they would accept the offer of bad light when more than 500 ahead and 8 wickets in hand.
First they did not enforce the follow on. I find no logic in that. You want to finish the match as quickly as possible to avoid an usual circumstance of rain or some great Windies performances in their inning (which may be vital if you have declared not anticpiating that great performance).

So ideally you would want to enforce the follow on so that the decision to declare is not upon yourself. Which Australia could do.

That shows they are thinking of making some easy test runs and not thinking too highly of the West Indies as a test team. You underestimate opposition at your own peril in this game.

To a lesser degree, taking the lights shows further the concentration on making easy runs. Though it can be agued as well on why they should not take it and lose wickets in dark.