• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wow

twctopcat

International Regular
Please see my sig for feelings on the man. I believe i made the first ever thread on him see here. How good is that??

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
KP for PM. Remarkable stats.
For those with Sky, he's on Soccer AM tomorrow.
Bugger! I don't have it, and I don't know anyone who does. :( Any chance you could tape it and post it to me, Pedro? :) :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha yeah i was only joking :D great start by KP, hopefully the flat pitches in the sub-continent will only improve those figures.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
Bugger! I don't have it, and I don't know anyone who does. :( Any chance you could tape it and post it to me, Pedro? :) :ph34r:
Don't see why not. Only trouble is I've xbox, DVD and all sorts sticking in the back of 't telly, so I'll have to jigger about and re-plug the vid in (can't remember the last time I watched "video" :) )

Anyway I'm rambling. Yes, will have a blast, PM me your address old boy.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
sledger said:
haha yeah i was only joking :D great start by KP, hopefully the flat pitches in the sub-continent will only improve those figures.
If those figures get any better, this guy is going to be finding himself mentioned in the same breath as some very big names, very soon.

What's the qualification for the highest averages? Is it 1000 runs or 40 innings? If his ODI average stays at 87 until that point, it must be the highest ever - even Tendulkar and Lara only average in the 40s in ODI cricket.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Don't see why not. Only trouble is I've xbox, DVD and all sorts sticking in the back of 't telly, so I'll have to jigger about and re-plug the vid in (can't remember the last time I watched "video" :) )

Anyway I'm rambling. Yes, will have a blast, PM me your address old boy.
Cheers buddy. Will get straight to it.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Having noticed that this thread has gone a little dead, and slightly OT, I thought I'd re-ignite it.

It amazes me the ease with which KP plays some of his shots. Even when the ball's coming down at 97mph, it seems like he has time to think about what shot he's going to play before it gets to him. And his bat speed is extraordinary, I don't think I've ever seen anyone with faster hands or a better eye.

open365

International Vice-Captain
His ODI average will have to go down,there's no way it'll stay above 50.

i reckon he could manage to be in the top 3 leading everages by the time he ends though.

edit: his batspeed is fantastic,i defintley agree and so is his eye.spot on.

the only weakness in my book is his tendency to flick balls onto the on side when he really shouldn't.

like the way he got out to mcgrath after his 158 or the dropped ct and bwld by kasper.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
If those figures get any better, this guy is going to be finding himself mentioned in the same breath as some very big names, very soon.

What's the qualification for the highest averages? Is it 1000 runs or 40 innings? If his ODI average stays at 87 until that point, it must be the highest ever - even Tendulkar and Lara only average in the 40s in ODI cricket.
He'll get on to the cricinfo ODI average listings when he gets to 20 innings, so thats 5 more innings, if he got 5 ducks he'd average 56 and go top unless.....a certain Mike Hussey averages 129 from 10 innings :p