• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

excluding warne and flintoff, who were australia and englands players of the series ?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
excluding Warne and Flintoff, who were Australia and Englands players of the series ?

its a tough dilemma if you ask me....for england i would say that it woudl have to be trescothick, but for australia i couldnt really say, although i was impressed with brett lee he did bowl a lot of rubbish....

anyone else have any ideas ?

Last edited:

Piper

International Captain
Brett Lee coz he played his heart out every test and was so unlucky... he should have had more wickets than he did and should have had his fifty twice... and he was a great sportsman thru it all too... exept for his last spell which i think he was gonna kill someone :p i wonder what made him so angry?

twctopcat

International Regular
Simon Jones. The world be warned, once this man gets going, only injury can stop him.....which i hope isn't the case.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Simon Jones id say fo England. The two openers did very well, strauss the only man to get 2 hundreds in the series but then pieterson did get the most runs

greg

International Debutant
Piper said:
Brett Lee coz he played his heart out every test and was so unlucky... he should have had more wickets than he did and should have had his fifty twice... and he was a great sportsman thru it all too... exept for his last spell which i think he was gonna kill someone :p i wonder what made him so angry?
Has anyone done any digging about that? I really wanted Vaughan to declare during that spell (having formerly obviously been of the opinion would simply be embarrassing for the Aussies and bad sportsmanship) not least to protect Hoggard.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'd say Langer for Australia, the only batsman who England's bowlers struggled to get out.

For England, it's a three-way fight between Tresco, KP and the Dragon. I think Dragon shades it, if only because he was the one out of the seamers who many thought could struggle - he was even dropped in SA, seems unthinkable now. Tresco had a fantastic series though, he really imposed himself and was a very safe pair of hands apart from one difficult chance (shame he didn't get to do any bowling :p ). I don't really think any more needs to be said about KP to be honest.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Piper said:
Apparently Hoggard laughed at him

Barney Rubble

International Coach
greg said:
Hoggy always laughs when he batting. Especially when he's being sledged.
That's true - he laughs when 96mph bouncers whistle past his ears, which isn't conducive to not getting any more of them!

open365

International Vice-Captain
Ian Bell.

not really.

Tres defintley because he allways looked like he could get England of to a decent start.

greg

International Debutant
superkingdave said:
yeah, but it the situation you can understand Brett being a bit off on one
Made to look a bit stupid by not having Hoggard in any trouble at all though! :laugh:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
greg said:
Made to look a bit stupid by not having Hoggard in any trouble at all though! :laugh:
I thought Hoggy dealt with it extremely well, a less laid-back character may have been a little peeved at receiving such a barrage for no apparent reason, but he simply got on with it. Says a lot for the man.