• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian W(h)ine

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
To be fair to Shane, he shouldn't be on the bottle.
Probably not, but Katich & Tait are the only other Oz players from the series with alliterative first names & doubt they have the recognition factor of Warney for the casual cricket fan.

cameeel

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
I was sent this via e-mail, so I guess some of you may've seen it already, but hey we don't often get the chance to gloat! :D
Thats old, you guys did the same thing when you won the Rugby World Cup, come up with something original :@

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't be surprised if we unearthed some thing from the early 20th century using the very same template, but about some old school Ashes :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
cameeel said:
Thats old, you guys did the same thing when you won the Rugby World Cup, come up with something original :@
It's not old, it's gold! :p

Like a remix of an old favourite....

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be honest, I think 1989, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001 and 2003 were much better years.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
simmy said:
Ah... its funny cos its true!
Is it? Where are all these sour grapes?

Almost everyone I've talked to, from friends and family to random people I don't know have said "well, it's good for cricket that someone finally beat us".

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
Is it? Where are all these sour grapes?

Almost everyone I've talked to, from friends and family to random people I don't know have said "well, it's good for cricket that someone finally beat us".
Those fixed grins must be hurting your faces, tho! ;)

Seriously tho, I think uniformly all the Aussie posters on here have taken the defeat in v good heart. There's the odd poster who seems unwilling to give us any credit (no names, no packdrill), but he isn't, er rather, they aren't Australian....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
isn't it great how the english can put out a bottle every time they beat Australia, if Australians did that everytime beat you we would require a rather large cellar :p

wouldn't have thought anyone would bring the rugby up though, look where they are now....

steds

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
wouldn't have thought anyone would bring the rugby up though, look where they are now....
That's because all the good players play league