• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"You can quote me on this........"

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
This thread should be periodically reviewed in order to check accuracy. Feel free to add more so that you too can have egg on your face.

At the risk of looking foolish, here are 5 predictions to go on record:

1. Ricky Ponting will be Australia's captain in the next Ashes series
2. Matt Hayden will open the batting with Justin Langer at the Gabba in that series.
3. Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Glenn McGrath will all play in the series.
4. Australia will go into the series ranked 1 in the world and will retain their ranking at the end of it.
5. Australia will lose the ODI Super Series and win the test match.

archie mac

International Coach
sqwerty said:
This thread should be periodically reviewed in order to check accuracy. Feel free to add more so that you too can have egg on your face.

2. Matt Hayden will open the batting with Justin Langer at the Gabba in that series.
4. Australia will go into the series ranked 1 in the world and will retain their ranking at the end of it.

Let's make it interesting :ph34r: What will you do if you get more than one wrong?

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
archie mac said:
Let's make it interesting :ph34r: What will you do if you get more than one wrong?
errrr.......probably make up some excuse.......

anyway...here's another one

Gillespie to play v England at the Gabba

chalky

International Debutant
sqwerty said:
errrr.......probably make up some excuse.......

anyway...here's another one

Gillespie to play v England at the Gabba
I, like every other English fan, hope so :thumbup:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
1. Chris Read will never play another Test Match or ODI.

If he does, He will go in my avatar, and my sig will say "All Bow Down To The Mighty CHRIS READ"

For 3 days.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
1. Murali won't get good figures on the Australian pitches in the Test match of the Super Series.
2. Read won't play for England again.

If either of those 2 don't happen, they'll go in my avatar for a week.

tooextracool

International Coach
Simon Jones will be the best pace bowler in the world in less than 2 years......only injury can stop him.
Flintoff will fail with the bat in India.

pskov

International 12th Man
Andrew Strauss will be the next England captain, and eventually knighted for his services to cricket.

Hey, it could happen... :p

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Cameron White will have a long successful international career
2. Justin Langer will play longer than Martyn, Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath, Kasprowicz
3. Aftab Ahmed and Alok Kapali will be considered Bangladesh's two greatest batsmen ever when they retire

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
Simon Jones will be the best pace bowler in the world in less than 2 years......only injury can stop him.
Flintoff will fail with the bat in India.
Or McGrath not retiring ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
James90 said:
1. Cameron White will have a long successful international career
2. Justin Langer will play longer than Martyn, Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath, Kasprowicz
3. Aftab Ahmed and Alok Kapali will be considered Bangladesh's two greatest batsmen ever when they retire

1) please no :(

2) probably

3) Ahmed maybe

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
sqwerty said:

1) Probably :(
2) nah i reakon Hayden will have been axed by then
3) yep
4) i hope :)
5) other way round i think

simmy

International Regular
1. England will be the best side in the World in Tests
2. India best ODI side within next 3 years
3. Simon Jones to have a bowling average of less than 24 by end of his career.