• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Video Clips and Multimedia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toecrusher

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
There have been many moments in cricket that you wish you could replay on demand.....those amazing balls, that great innings, those stunning shots, those Jontey-esque catches and many others. So I propose we start a thread where members can post video clips, compilations etc. of anything to do with cricket. To set the ball rolling, I've begun with a yorker theme and posted links to four stunning yorkers bowled by Waqar, Shoaib and Holding. And just as the cherry on top, there's also a link to the fastest delivery I have EVER seen on TV....

Waqar Younis yorking Brian Lara
Link Removed

Waqar Younis yorking Graeme Hick
Link Removed

Shoaib Akhtar yorking Stephen Fleming
Link Removed

Michael Holding yorking Tony Greig
Link Removed

and finally the FASTEST LOOKING DELIVERY I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!
Link Removed

Just to note, these links expire after a while, so the files may have to be uploaded again by other members on Yousendit.com

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if this thread will necessarily be closed, but if you want it to stay open it's important you make sure all the clips are legal and freely available. Small clips are often fine, but obviously videos of whole matches, rips of released DVDs etc aren't, so be careful.

Toecrusher

FaaipDeOiad said:
Not sure if this thread will necessarily be closed, but if you want it to stay open it's important you make sure all the clips are legal and freely available. Small clips are often fine, but obviously videos of whole matches, rips of released DVDs etc aren't, so be careful.
That's a fair point, but these kind of threads work very well in soccer forums that I visit on the back of forum members own contributions (self-made compilations etc.), so I don't see it being much of a problem hopefully.

Toecrusher

cameeel said:
The speedo thing only has it as 148km/hr, the yorker by Akthar though is awsome
Yeah, even though the speedo is only at 148kph, I still don't think I have seen a FASTER LOOKING delivery than that.

Toecrusher

Blaze said:
Got any Shane Bond stuff?
Haven't found any yet - at the moment I'm just using Yahoo's video search feature to come up with clips, so I suspect someone somewhere will have something on him.....especially that Yorker to Gilchrist..WOW!!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
A bouncer will always be clocked slower than a fuller ball. It was pretty fast. I thought they were all wonderful balls. its a crying shame we'll never know how fast Holding really was, i reckon he'd be alot faster than Aktar and Lee but we'll never know
The Hick one didnt see to do anything but be full and fast...story of why Hick had so much promise but failed to really do it vs the pace bowlers at international level :(
The best one has to be the Lara one, you just arent gonna keep those out as a left hander, outstanding.

NZ Warrior

Cricket Spectator
I've got a torrent link to a Sachin Tendulkar documentary shown on Star Sports. Its quite good and has quite a lot of early footage.

Sachin Tendulkar - The Making of a Legend.torrent[/URL]

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thread Closed.

Some of this could well be legal but I'm not willing to take that risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.