Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Australia's Post Ashes Blueprint

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    yea it would be real cool if Warne could come back & play in the World Cup, but until then we have to look at Hogg & White as our options, but i do get the gut feeling that Warne may well n play though...
    Warne will play the 2007 World Cup after regaining the Ashes for Australia the summer before!

He'll love it so much, he plays till he is 45! Thereby tormenting the Poms in another 2 Ashes series!

Australia ODI team for the upcoming VB series

Well IMO blokes McGrath & Gilchrist should be rested for the majority of the VB series this summer thus giving Haddin, Jaques & any other fast bowler to get a chance to show his worth in the ODI side, after all we are buildig towards defending the world cup again & Pigeon & Gilly are keys. But they can return for the VB finals...

My team for the prelimanary matches of the VB series

Haddin
    Katich/Jaques
    Ponting
    Martyn
    Symonds
    Clarke
    Hussey
    Lee
    Hogg
    Gillespie/Clark - or probably Lewis, Tait, Johnson
    Bracken

Super-sub - between White & Hopes
    Last edited by aussie; 08-12-2005 at 05:56 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Well IMO blokes McGrath & Gilchrist should be rested for the majority of the VB series this summer thus giving Haddin, Jaques & any other fast bowler to get a chance to show his worth in the ODI side, after all we are buildig towards defending the world cup again & Pigeon & Gilly are keys. But they can return for the VB finals...

My team for the prelimanary matches of the VB series

Haddin
    Katich/Jaques
    Ponting
    Martyn
    Symonds
    Clarke
    Hussey
    Lee
    Hogg
    Gillespie/Clarke - or probably Lewis, Tait, Johnson
    Bracken

Super-sub - between White & Hopes
    Argh Aussie, the bowler is called Clark, not Clarke
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    yea it would be real cool if Warne could come back & play in the World Cup, but until then we have to look at Hogg & White as our options, but i do get the gut feeling that Warne may well n play though...
    Even if Warne puts himself up for playing in the World Cup, I'd be pretty uneasy about picking someone who hasn't played one dayers for four years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    Argh Aussie, the bowler is called Clark, not Clarke
    simpel mistake yo...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    Even if Warne puts himself up for playing in the World Cup, I'd be pretty uneasy about picking someone who hasn't played one dayers for four years or so.
    Warne will not be back for the World Cup. The World Cup is 14 months away, if he was going to come back for the World Cup he would have returned to the ODI fold already.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

One guy who doesn't get much of a mention, in terms of our fast bowling future, is Paul Roffe from South Australia. Personally, I think he's a much better prospect than someone like Stuart Clark. At 24, he's six years younger than Clark, and has an equally good FC record. This season he's taken 24 wickets, at an average of 22. I really like Roffe's economy rate too. He's someone to definitely fill McGrath's shoes (however inadequately) when he bows out. Certainly, if guys like Tait and Lee are going to spearhead our attack, we need someone at the other end who is economical.

Pura Cup Stats:
    2005/06: Average of 22; Economy Rate 3.0
    2004/05: Average of 30; Economy Rate 2.67
    2003/04: Average of 27; Economy Rate 3.06
    2002/03: Average of 29; Economy Rate 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    One guy who doesn't get much of a mention, in terms of our fast bowling future, is Paul Roffe from South Australia. Personally, I think he's a much better prospect than someone like Stuart Clark. At 24, he's six years younger than Clark, and has an equally good FC record. This season he's taken 24 wickets, at an average of 22. I really like Roffe's economy rate too. He's someone to definitely fill McGrath's shoes (however inadequately) when he bows out. Certainly, if guys like Tait and Lee are going to spearhead our attack, we need someone at the other end who is economical.

Pura Cup Stats:
    well its good to see Rofe bowling well this season because i had mentioned him before as a possible bowler for australian in the future but he was written of by i think Kyle (Mr.Wright) because he compared him to Dawes i.e a consistent domestic bowler but one who would never do enoguh to get the attention of the selectors.

Hopefully with this a start of good things for him & with Troy Cooley coming over next year he can work with him along with all the other future quicks i.e:

Tait
    Johnson
    Dorey
    Rofe
    Wise

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    well its good to see Rofe bowling well this season because i had mentioned him before as a possible bowler for australian in the future but he was written of by i think Kyle (Mr.Wright) because he compared him to Dawes i.e a consistent domestic bowler but one who would never do enoguh to get the attention of the selectors.

Hopefully with this a start of good things for him & with Troy Cooley coming over next year he can work with him along with all the other future quicks i.e:

Tait
    Johnson
    Dorey
    Rofe
    Wise
    I take HowardJ's judgements with a grain of salt, I mean this is a guy who didn't even know what hand Cosgrove batted with after putting him in his future side prediction.

IMO, Rofe is an 'ok' bowler, nothing special. However, who knows? Perhaps in a year or two we could see him in the national side.

well he's young enought so ya never know..

Quote Originally Posted by howardj

Pura Cup Stats:
    Rofe's got to average less than 20 with the ball to make up for his tardiness in the field.

is he that bad in the field?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread Information