Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 346 to 357 of 357

Thread: Australia's Post Ashes Blueprint

  1. #346
    First Class Debutant SquidAU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One Eyed Pirate Island!
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    yea it would be real cool if Warne could come back & play in the World Cup, but until then we have to look at Hogg & White as our options, but i do get the gut feeling that Warne may well n play though...
    Warne will play the 2007 World Cup after regaining the Ashes for Australia the summer before!

    He'll love it so much, he plays till he is 45! Thereby tormenting the Poms in another 2 Ashes series!

  2. #347
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845

    Australia ODI team for the upcoming VB series

    Well IMO blokes McGrath & Gilchrist should be rested for the majority of the VB series this summer thus giving Haddin, Jaques & any other fast bowler to get a chance to show his worth in the ODI side, after all we are buildig towards defending the world cup again & Pigeon & Gilly are keys. But they can return for the VB finals...

    My team for the prelimanary matches of the VB series

    Haddin
    Katich/Jaques
    Ponting
    Martyn
    Symonds
    Clarke
    Hussey
    Lee
    Hogg
    Gillespie/Clark - or probably Lewis, Tait, Johnson
    Bracken

    Super-sub - between White & Hopes
    Last edited by aussie; 08-12-2005 at 05:56 PM.

  3. #348
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,848
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Well IMO blokes McGrath & Gilchrist should be rested for the majority of the VB series this summer thus giving Haddin, Jaques & any other fast bowler to get a chance to show his worth in the ODI side, after all we are buildig towards defending the world cup again & Pigeon & Gilly are keys. But they can return for the VB finals...

    My team for the prelimanary matches of the VB series

    Haddin
    Katich/Jaques
    Ponting
    Martyn
    Symonds
    Clarke
    Hussey
    Lee
    Hogg
    Gillespie/Clarke - or probably Lewis, Tait, Johnson
    Bracken

    Super-sub - between White & Hopes
    Argh Aussie, the bowler is called Clark, not Clarke
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  4. #349
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,848
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    yea it would be real cool if Warne could come back & play in the World Cup, but until then we have to look at Hogg & White as our options, but i do get the gut feeling that Warne may well n play though...
    Even if Warne puts himself up for playing in the World Cup, I'd be pretty uneasy about picking someone who hasn't played one dayers for four years or so.


  5. #350
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    Argh Aussie, the bowler is called Clark, not Clarke
    simpel mistake yo...

  6. #351
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    Even if Warne puts himself up for playing in the World Cup, I'd be pretty uneasy about picking someone who hasn't played one dayers for four years or so.
    Warne will not be back for the World Cup. The World Cup is 14 months away, if he was going to come back for the World Cup he would have returned to the ODI fold already.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  7. #352
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,788
    One guy who doesn't get much of a mention, in terms of our fast bowling future, is Paul Roffe from South Australia. Personally, I think he's a much better prospect than someone like Stuart Clark. At 24, he's six years younger than Clark, and has an equally good FC record. This season he's taken 24 wickets, at an average of 22. I really like Roffe's economy rate too. He's someone to definitely fill McGrath's shoes (however inadequately) when he bows out. Certainly, if guys like Tait and Lee are going to spearhead our attack, we need someone at the other end who is economical.

    Pura Cup Stats:
    2005/06: Average of 22; Economy Rate 3.0
    2004/05: Average of 30; Economy Rate 2.67
    2003/04: Average of 27; Economy Rate 3.06
    2002/03: Average of 29; Economy Rate 2.6

  8. #353
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    One guy who doesn't get much of a mention, in terms of our fast bowling future, is Paul Roffe from South Australia. Personally, I think he's a much better prospect than someone like Stuart Clark. At 24, he's six years younger than Clark, and has an equally good FC record. This season he's taken 24 wickets, at an average of 22. I really like Roffe's economy rate too. He's someone to definitely fill McGrath's shoes (however inadequately) when he bows out. Certainly, if guys like Tait and Lee are going to spearhead our attack, we need someone at the other end who is economical.

    Pura Cup Stats:
    2005/06: Average of 22; Economy Rate 3.0
    2004/05: Average of 30; Economy Rate 2.67
    2003/04: Average of 27; Economy Rate 3.06
    2002/03: Average of 29; Economy Rate 2.6
    well its good to see Rofe bowling well this season because i had mentioned him before as a possible bowler for australian in the future but he was written of by i think Kyle (Mr.Wright) because he compared him to Dawes i.e a consistent domestic bowler but one who would never do enoguh to get the attention of the selectors.

    Hopefully with this a start of good things for him & with Troy Cooley coming over next year he can work with him along with all the other future quicks i.e:

    Tait
    Johnson
    Dorey
    Rofe
    Wise

  9. #354
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,350
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    well its good to see Rofe bowling well this season because i had mentioned him before as a possible bowler for australian in the future but he was written of by i think Kyle (Mr.Wright) because he compared him to Dawes i.e a consistent domestic bowler but one who would never do enoguh to get the attention of the selectors.

    Hopefully with this a start of good things for him & with Troy Cooley coming over next year he can work with him along with all the other future quicks i.e:

    Tait
    Johnson
    Dorey
    Rofe
    Wise
    I take HowardJ's judgements with a grain of salt, I mean this is a guy who didn't even know what hand Cosgrove batted with after putting him in his future side prediction.

    IMO, Rofe is an 'ok' bowler, nothing special. However, who knows? Perhaps in a year or two we could see him in the national side.

  10. #355
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    well he's young enought so ya never know..

  11. #356
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    25,071
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    One guy who doesn't get much of a mention, in terms of our fast bowling future, is Paul Roffe from South Australia. Personally, I think he's a much better prospect than someone like Stuart Clark. At 24, he's six years younger than Clark, and has an equally good FC record. This season he's taken 24 wickets, at an average of 22. I really like Roffe's economy rate too. He's someone to definitely fill McGrath's shoes (however inadequately) when he bows out. Certainly, if guys like Tait and Lee are going to spearhead our attack, we need someone at the other end who is economical.

    Pura Cup Stats:
    2005/06: Average of 22; Economy Rate 3.0
    2004/05: Average of 30; Economy Rate 2.67
    2003/04: Average of 27; Economy Rate 3.06
    2002/03: Average of 29; Economy Rate 2.6
    Rofe's got to average less than 20 with the ball to make up for his tardiness in the field.

  12. #357
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    is he that bad in the field?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-04-2003, 10:17 PM
  2. View first unread post
    By Bazza in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-01-2003, 02:51 PM
  3. Funny Ashes Headlines!!!!
    By Blewy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 13-11-2002, 07:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •